Monday, April 25, 2022

planning, cooking, packing...

Super duper busy day stretched out ahead of me before Hubs and I head off to an evening of leisure.  Dinner and a baseball game, should be a super good time. Although I am already feeling very accomplished.  When I ran out of sleep I started on my chores.  Laundry is going, ironing is up to the minute, pups walked and fed and a quick run to the grocery before Hubs leaves.  My car is seriously blocked in by the camper and he will be gone all day.  I didn't want to not be able to get things ready for leaving tomorrow. 

I have some canning to finish up this morning.  Those pickled brussels are now my favorite thing in the world, one can never have too many.  I finished up a few more jars of salsa last night, again... one can never have too many.  And I wanted to make use of the $10 cases of tomatoes while they were available.  Don't know when I will be able to get that good of a deal again. 

Today will be mostly finishing up a variety of things to be ready for our latest adventure.  I am looking forward to this camping trip so much, it's the longest we've been on since we had our property down in Sullivan. By tomorrow night we will watch the sunset on the Ohio river.  I hope the babies love it as much as we will.  

We spent a lot of time playing and running errands yesterday.  Picking up the camper meant a stop at the babies favorite dog park.  They are going to be in heaven when we get our fence installed.  Hubs and I have decided we need to build them some ramps like they have in Pacific, they love them!





It's also Quilt week in Paducah, I'm looking forward to it.  I absolutely love spending time looking at all of the amazing work and marveling at the talent it takes to create them.  I have one project to work on while we ride tomorrow, and I am simply not sure what to bring to work on while we camp.  I love having something to sit and putter with while we relax, the challenge is the babies. 

They also like to putter with what I am working on and that makes me a touch fussy. I need to figure out at least one more project to take with me.  I simply don't know what it will be.  Part of me wants to bring one of my block of the months, they have been stashed while the babies have grown and learned to sit for a bit.  Part of me want's to bring a featherweight with me and work on the family quilt project, I'm just not sure how well that will go with the babies in tow.  

I have a couple of needlework projects, but those are hard to do in the truck while towing a trailer.  I guess I should feel blessed that these are the only challenges that I have to worry about right now. Maybe I will bring one of my skeins of sock yarn and a favorite sock pattern and get started on expanding my winter sock collection?  That might just be the way to go.  Easy, portable and I can quickly shove it in a bag so babies can't destroy it. That is definitely sounding like a solid plan. I am not bringing that darn sweater with me, that's for sure.  I don't have the time or patience right now to sort that mess out. 




I need to raise the mesh over the garden beds today and make sure they are all watered.  Everything is really starting to grow nicely and I don't want the time away to ruin all that hard work. I was beyond excited to look this morning and see the start of so many beautiful little radishes. The bright pea tendrils starting to wrap around the frames and trellises.  I absolutely adore springtime. 

Sounds like Hubs is just about ready to bug out and I need to get busy!  Just heard the dryer calling me, time to work.  Have a blessed day, well week.  I am not planning to take my laptop with me, I am planning an old fashioned week... 

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...