Monday, April 11, 2022

reflections in the silence...

Shhhh... the house is super quiet, Hubs and the pups are down to sleep, I'm still lingering in my thoughts from the day.  It was one of those spring days that just dumps so much water, with small sections of time where it lightens up and all is right with the world.  It was warm and refreshing. Just what I needed to get through this one, having been raised primarily in Germany I thrive on rainy days.  They feel like the world is being washed clean. 

Got a text from one of my Arkansas sisters tonight, seems they have had tornado's swirling around them all night.  I hope the daylight will reveal that the ones that touched down only hit unpopulated areas.  It also seems our little heart warrior got bumped from the surgery schedule tomorrow.  Another little heart warrior in far more critical need will be getting a new heart tomorrow in his place.  I will send prayers to that little one and to the family of the other little one that didn't make it.  Thankful for their unselfish gift in a time of great loss. 

I almost want to celebrate that our little guy was safe enough to bump.  Praying that the heavens keep holding him tight as he gets ready for the next big surgery, he's so precious and full of love and light.  I love his impish little smile!

I worked hard today on different projects, focusing outside of where my emotions were still a bit tightly wrapped definitely helped.  Hubs and I made a stop to the hardware store for some supplies for my garden.  I am going to put wire cages of a sort over my beds.  That squirrel is not going to win.  I will share, but dang he needs to give them a chance to grow first.  Hopefully the rain has passed tomorrow and I can spend some time outside working on the wire covers to protect my baby plants.  

I'm also going to transplant my celery plants that I am rooting from the celery I bought at the store.  So far they are growing quite a bit and they are simply in water.  I might even start some tomato seeds, I am determined to start growing my own, I've just never been incredibly successful at it. Practice makes perfect right?

I started the sweet Highland Bull.  I can't wait to see him come to life.  I love that my friend keeps finding such adorable little critters to create. I feel very drawn into creating lately.  It is my happy place.  I will get him done in the next few days.  

I don't know about you, but when I pour my energy outside of the things causing me angst and unease, I balance out. I am still struggling with some of the people and things surrounding me, but when I get busy in the act of doing the important things, I also become calmer inside. 

In a few moments I will climb the stairs and lay my head on my pillow.  I will thank the heavens for all of the things I am grateful for.  I will thank the heavens for blessing me with another day. And I will thank them for giving me the courage to walk my walk.  I am becoming a better me, not perfect, but clearly more defined. 

I am seriously trying to walk in love, to hold space and grace for all of us.  Some days I succeed, others well... I find it is quite okay to simply stop and move on to something else for a moment, to distract myself with the mundane and try again the next day. 

I still feel snippy, I still want to snarl and fuss about things out of my control.  But this busy day kept me focused on the important.  Time with Hubs, chats with family, completing projects and spending a few hours with friends that are staying in a hotel while their floors get a makeover. It's amazing how good friends, a good meal and a bottle or so of wine can lighten your mood.

Well... the eyes are heavy, my brain is shutting down and my fingers are struggling to hit the right keys.  I'd say it is time to call it a night.  Hubs has a super early start tomorrow, so I know that means that I do also if I want help walking the pups. 

Tomorrow is another day... love and peace to all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...