Friday, April 15, 2022

enjoying this life...

Last night our babies realized if mom sits in the recliner, they can still both climb into my lap and nap.  It was so sweet.  They don't realize how big they are getting, in their minds, they are still tiny puppies needing lots of love. In my mind they are too.  I held them both until they were ready to get in their kennels for the night.  They were so precious that I just sat and stroked their coats while they snoozed.  

After I got them in their kennels I went about the house making sure it was ready to be tucked in for the night.  Checking the garage, locking all of the doors, making sure I brought the puppy beds in for the night, etc. As I stepped out onto the deck the moon was shining so brilliantly that I stopped my route for a bit and just basked in the beauty of the moment. 

The trees are still fairly naked, the leaves haven't quite unfurled, and the view of the moon was perfect.  The temperature was delightful and sitting there filled my heart with peace.  Do you ever do that?  The house was silent, the neighborhood had calmed for the night and out there alone with my thoughts and the moon I felt peace and gratitude. 



The energy of the moon must have been what disrupted my sleep, I sure didn't sleep well.  I also know there is a big solar storm going on, so maybe that is what I was feeling as I struggled to sleep. I finally gave up a short while before 6, 5:55 am to be exact.  As I stretched and checked the weather, I decided it was time to take my babies back to the river for a nice long walk. 

Today, Hubs was able to join us.  We didn't walk as far, Hubs is still sore from his day yesterday.  It didn't stop the babies from enjoying their time romping.  Today had a slight incident.  A biker decided to pass on the right, without even calling out that he was behind us.  Silently he came up around us and almost hit Belle.  I pulled her out of his path as quickly as I could, luckily he didn't get hurt either, although he did get knocked off his bike. We were walking on the right side of the walkway as there were people coming towards us on the left.  If he had alerted in any way, I would have moved them off the path and had them sit, same as I always do.  My heart almost stopped.  If he had hit her at the speed he was going he would have hurt her badly, if not killed her.  I don't understand why he couldn't alert us.  We had another one come up fast behind us without alerting also.  What is so hard about it, I was on high alert after the first one and at least the second one had something streaming loudly so I heard him approaching. 

It's looking like we got home at just the right time, as it's getting dark and clouds are rolling in.  Looks like another day to stay inside and work. It's okay, I have a lot to do.  I spent some time digging into information that is coming out regarding food issues that are looming and why.  Suffice it to say that it was enough to make me realize that maybe not in the near future, but in the not to distant future our food supply is going to be limited, very limited.  

Farmers are taking a beating right now, the costs and supply issues that we are all complaining about are hitting them even harder.  Sanctions, we might not be feeling it now, but it's definitely coming. Because a lot of what the farmers need is being limited and the prices are soaring. I am not a farmer, but I am also not stupid, when feed, gas, propane, seed and fertilizer prices soar or become unavailable it will impact the rest of us further down the line, but it impacts them in the present moment. We're still living on the year before... what is coming down the road?

I'd rather be prepared.  I'd rather know what was coming down the line.  I want to learn and do before it becomes an issue.  I emptied a cardboard egg carton this morning, I am going to put soil in it and start some seeds. I want my garden to flourish this year.  I also want to improve my skills.

I was also listening to a few astrologers, I was laughing because they were saying that we are being strongly impacted by the energy of Taurus.  It is all about creative energy, about learning new things, about expanding our skills. The reason I was laughing is because that is how I have felt, absolutely driven to do more with my time, driven to expand my knowledge base and 100% connected to nature. To hear them speaking my personal feelings out loud for the masses felt empowering and energizing. 

They were also speaking of it being a time to wrap up projects that have been lingering.  I have also felt that strongly.  I was so happy to see the picture of the binkie buddies that I sent my great nephew yesterday. Wrapping that up had felt so good.  I'm almost done with the little bull, his body is complete. I have a couple of other things to wrap up before I am able to start all of my new projects.

I was listening to another podcast and they said something that felt right down to my very soul.  That in order to move forward, we are going to have to go backwards.  I've felt that for a very long time.  If you haven't started a victory garden, or even just attempted to grow something, please do.  It definitely can't hurt you and it might be something that will help you. If nothing else you will have the joy of experiencing providing something for yourself.  We have to start teaching children to be self-sufficient.  We have to encourage them to value things that will actually help them, to enrich their lives.  Not chasing after the latest gadgets.

Since I can't change the world, I can change my own world, so I had better get busy.

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...