Sunday, April 24, 2022

the life I'm creating...

"Ask yourself daily does this support the kind of life I am trying to create". I came across that statement a couple of days ago and it's been echoing in my head since I read it. I absolutely believe that most of the things I do in this day and age do support the life I am trying to create.  None of it is earth shattering, I will not change the world or even my community by the actions I take on a day to day basis.  But it definitely supports the kind of life that I am creating. 

Yesterday morning we were blessed to have breakfast with the oldest, it's felt like forever since we've had the chance to do that, she is a busy mom - all our babies are busy living their lives to the fullest. Hubs and I keep ourselves busy as well. So when an opportunity arises to spend quality time with any of our kids, we jump at the chance. 

And as mother nature decided on a nice day, we also took the babies for a nice long walk. They are not used to the warmth and we have decided that we will be walking with their portable water bowls and a bottle of water moving forward.  It wasn't that warm, but they were not their usual bouncy selves. 




Those things all let the morning start slowly.  It was so peaceful. I seriously needed the rest, I was up super late the night before and it has been a crazy busy week.  We'd gone out with friends, we love these folks and it never ends up a short dinner and done, we all laugh, talk, day dream and simply have an amazing time.  Therefore the pups were wired for sound when we got home, they had been kenneled for 3 hours, during a normally busy time for them.  I figured since they were going to be so wound up, I was going to go ahead and finish pressure canning the soups and broths I had made earlier in the day. I am not used to being up until almost 11 pm - I usually turn into a pumpkin long before that 6 am was brutally early when Hubs turned on the light. 

Last night we spent the beautiful evening sitting outside in the warm evening air with our youngest two grands and the girl. Watching the stars come out and the pups wear themselves ragged in her fenced backyard.  It was wonderful to simply sit and visit. I was truly sad as the day came to an end and our eyes started to get heavy.

Sometimes you need days like that to simply recharge your batteries.

Oops Beau got my chin 

I'd planned to do a few more things but honestly. I'm was tired. I finished canning up some diced tomatoes while I was making some of Hubs favorite chili.  We use a ton of diced tomatoes so why not? I love that I am able to can the chili and not waste all of my fridge space on it and hoping it gets eaten before it spoils.  Now he can simply pop open a jar and eat it whenever the mood hits him.


I guess my Belle is going to be the one that goes for help if she determines it is needed.  Hubs was downstairs working and the UPS guy knocked.  It was enough to concern both babies, but more so when I opened the door and disappeared out it.  Belle lost her mind, she ran at breakneck speed down the stairs and bopped dad.  She immediately turned to come back but he wasn't following so she did it again a bit harder and haul fanny back upstairs, she was determined to rescue mom.  Beau wouldn't leave the door and just kept barking to let me know I'd forgotten him.  All this drama was occurring while I was picking up the box sitting at the door.

You can imagine my shock when I walked in a total of maybe 2 minutes later to my dear Hubs looking worried and two relieved puppies.  Honestly, I didn't even know how to react. But I have to say, it earned them a treat as Dad was relieved I was okay and we were both a bit stunned that she went and got him. They both tend to stay by my side, and don't head downstairs if I am home, unless they need an extra treat - they know Dad is a sucker and keeps a box on his desk. It was absolutely funny and at the same time reassuring to know that she is going to go and get help if she feels mommy needs it. You know protection from the UPS guys is critical.

This morning got off to a super slow and wet start.  I was downstairs with Hubs and decided to waste a bit of time looking at .svg designs, while he went off to work, he couldn't get the item he was printing to print on his new printer.  Before his frustration got out of hand he headed to a branch to print it. He ordered me a sublimation printer and I was interested to see what designs I'd been overlooking as I didn't have one. The babies had been upstairs with him when he left and I was concerned about their silence.  

Puppies and silence are never a good combo.  I was more than a bit apprehensive when I came up the stairs, my heart pounding wondering what was destroyed today.  It became a far more intense fear when I realized that they were not sleeping in any of the usual spots.  I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to find them curled up on the entryway rug, patiently waiting for Dad to come home. I'm fairly sure they thought I had left with Dad, because they were very shocked to see me round the corner.  They are back to happily playing now, knowing that they are not at home alone. 

We got the news that our fence is ready for install on Friday.  I was so excited and also disappointed.  We leave for our first long camping trip on Tuesday.  They wanted to install on Thursday or Friday.  Sorry, nope.  That is not something I am going to let anyone else supervise.  Now it will be installed on May 4th.  Great!  Except the pups are having their spay and neuter on May 3 and will not be able to climb stairs, run or carouse for 10 days.  All this time waiting and they will still need to wait another 10 long days.  Probably a good thing, because we will be able to clean up the backyard and make sure it is puppy proof before they go and romp. This has felt like the most drawn out purchase - ever!!  I can't wait to have it finished and over with. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that they don't damage my lilac bush when they install it.

Honestly, if they do, I feel I might just go and get a few to put outside the fence on the hill.  It's super barren since we chopped down all of the invasive honeysuckle. We'll see, I'd also like to plant a Chicago fig tree or two out there.  Or maybe even a plum?  I don't know, I want it to be beautiful, but also useful. And I do love figs. 


I guess I am spending my time creating the life that I want to live in.  I keep to myself or close family and friends for the most part. I work on things that will benefit my family and loved ones.  I am captivated by things that allow us to step a bit further out of the main stream.  Things that lead to a bit less reliance on things that aren't really the best for us. 

The next 48 hours will be full and busy.  We have a camping trip to get ready for, we are doing dinner and the ballgame tomorrow night, I want to get some grass seed planted before we bug out and of course I have a few more things to finish up canning and dehydrating wise.  Hubs over bought dill, slightly my fault - neither of us realized the packages at Global foods would be SO big! So I am going to pop those on the dehydrator so that they do not go to waste.  Dried dill is wonderful! I guess what I am saying, is that it is time to hustle... 

love and peace... 


1 comment:

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...