Friday, January 14, 2022

who's the boss?

It was crazy busy yesterday, keeping up with puppies, visiting with friends, dealing with medical insurance companies, going to a visitation, and puppies first vet appointment. The whole thing was a combination of fun, frustration and just plain exhausting. 

I'm sitting here finally enjoying a cup of coffee, the babies are napping, I have already mopped the floors for the first time today and cleaned my kitchen.  I am sitting here simply enjoying the moment and trying to sort out my game plan for today.  I still need to get downstairs and unquilt the quilt, I simply cannot stay mad at it too much longer - that will not finish it for darn sure. I have several other projects that I am either working on or I am ready to start working on.  I am just struggling with ordering it all out and moving it forward.  I'm in that insane bubble of overwhelm at the moment I think.  Or it could just be that my projects aren't turning out exactly the way I planned and now I am frustrated and ready to throw in the towel - I have a habit of doing that, which is one of the reasons I have set a goal to clean up, organize and finish all of my started projects this year.  They are never quite as frustrating when I stop and reassess. 

It also doesn't help that I got a Cricut Maker 3 for Christmas - with all the goodies to play and haven't gotten to make anything yet.  I want to play!!  Ugghhh... I know first world spoiled wife problems.  But still. 

Our vet didn't bring it up last night, but I have been noticing that Belle is very protective of her brother the past few days.  She was quite upset that he got shots last night and wasn't pleased.  She finally ended up laying on top of him.  That got me doing some research this morning.  I've had litter mates in the past, my mom and several sisters have also. I've never heard of litter mate syndrome, but now that I am aware, I am going to do everything in my power to stop the behaviors before they become more than can be dealt with. I just always assumed those behaviors were are normal part of puppies. 


Which means... walking them separately, kenneling them separately, and most importantly doing training separately.  They have to respect Hubs and I as their Alpha's and they have to bond with us.  All this boils down to more work, but it will also led to better adjusted happy pups.  I have never been so thankful to not work outside the house now. So thankful. It will be better for them if they are not too closely bonded, they deserve the best.  So some quality time on their own is in the forecast. Still time developing the pack, but also a chance for each of them to shine in their own right.  Beau is the easier one, he's laid back and mellow.  Miss Belle, well she is definitely neither of those things.  He's already doing great on a leash, she is furious. It will definitely be a journey.  We'll see how much time I have for writing, I feel more time is going to be needed to help these babies adjust. 

I said I'm not doing this...

There is snow moving in tonight possibly.  So I am going to get all the errands and running taken care of early today. I don't really feel the need to be out in my new car in the crazy.  I never doubt my own abilities, but I definitely question some of the other people when they are out there.  

I feel it's just best to be home and enjoying my babies in their first real snow experience.  At some point I will get myself back in my groove and work on my projects.  My new car needs a powered by bitch dust sign, and I refuse to pay someone else to do what I can do myself.  I also think I just need to make a to do list and start hustling down it.  Once things are organized I am better able to function, I am seriously cleaning out the excesses in the house.  I need space to breath! 

well folks, twiddle dee and twiddle dum have awoken from their rest... time to keep them busy... and get ready to go get a second kennel... puppy life!

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...