Monday, January 31, 2022

defining yourself...

Oh no... she's back!  I officially put my sticker on my SUV.  Watch out world, feeling more and more like myself lately.  Actually feeling far better than my old self.  As I stood outside and applied my sticker I felt so empowered and more and more like the person that I know I am.  It's a feeling I've been experiencing a lot lately.  I don't feel strongly about bending to meet anyone else, either accept me for who I am or don't. It isn't meant to be mean or ugly, it isn't meant to be really anything at all.  It is simply me. 

It has been a crazy couple of days.  Full of activities, chores, just living life.  I am sitting here unwinding, praying my babies will go to bed early as last night had an interruption due to the batteries in the carbon monoxide detector deciding 2:22 am is a great time to fail. Nothing makes a night of sleep short quicker than an unknown alarm chirping in the dark of the night. The puppies agreed and the three of us spent the next couple of hours hanging out.  

We were all super tired last night, we'd found several trails all within three miles of our house.  They were fantastic for hiking and for the pups to explore without encountering too many other people or dogs.  The whole weekend was beautiful and semi-temperate, I mean if you consider 40 a beautiful day. For late January, I feel it is a perfectly wonderful day!  Today was even better.  And Hubs took them back for a walk on the shorter of the two again today.  




The longer one is definitely my type of trail, Hubs - not so much, although he was a super good sport about powering through it with us.  I had no idea there were two fabulous parks with hiking trails so close to our home.  They have definitely moved to the must walk often list. The babies even made a friend in a four year old Golden Retriever named Sonny.  




I feel so much more energized, my cup fills full and my spirit soars when we are able to spend time outside.  I have extra to give when I feel like that. Anyone else find time to get outside?  Soaking up the vitamin D, looking into the sunshine, feeling it's warm kisses on your face?  Or maybe just outside shivering in the cold and snow? 

Looks like we might have a storm moving in tomorrow night, should be interesting.  The watch changes every time we look.  It's very possible we will end up with at least 5 - 6 inches of snow, although the latest report says up to 16 inches.  Honestly, here in the mid-west that is not a normal winter and doesn't sound great. My sweet babies are going to lose their minds.  

We went and picked up a full load of wood and got it stacked.  We all know I can't go without a fire when there is snow outside.  We are probably going to have to dig a small puppy potty path.  I mean they are growing like crazy but 5 inches of snow will be firmly against their little bellies. 


I figure trapped at home I might actually get some work done on a few projects and even a few chores that I have been slacking on.  I assure you, nothing at home got done today.  I cooked, I helped haul wood, I walked puppies and I went to the post office.  I mean, that felt pretty successful, and filled all of my available hours.  


Well, it's time to sip my sleepytime tea, watch my babies start slowing down for the night and do a bit of knitting.  I hope they get tired soon... momma's weary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...