Friday, January 7, 2022

one of those days...

How is it already 7 am?  How is it that the sky is already turning a soft blue, the clouds are hiding the sunrise from me, but it's definitely a gentle blue with a tinge of orange/pink at the edges of the clouds. My sweet babies are already sleeping for their second nap of the day.  We've been up since about 330 am, so I am fairly positive mommy is going to nap later today when they do.  

I decided against trying to go back to sleep for the hour they would give me this morning, rightfully so, as they played for a good hour before being tired again.  By then I was wide awake, so I made good use of the first nap.  I started unquilting the quilt I am working on.  

I am annoyed by it, not going to even remotely dispute that fact. It's a gift I want it to be perfect.  Well as perfect as possible.  I tried a new thread.  Not impressed at all.  Maybe it will work okay on my actual sewing machines, but I am done with it on the longarm.  I am beyond stressed and annoyed with it.  And having to remove almost 18 inches of finished work is not putting me in my happy place.  It is going to take at least a day if not longer to pull it all out.  Cripes at this rate it will be another week before it is gifted. Yes, I am seriously irritated. It's my own fault, I should have stopped and checked it more frequently. 

Once I pull it all out, I will switch back the thread that I know creates a beautiful stitch, regardless of all the fuzz it also produces.  At least I will be able to finish the quilt and have it look great.  So sadly, afternoon kennel nap is going to be spent bending over the longarm frame tediously removing stitches one at a time. Pretty sure I am going to spend this morning working on my sweater so I am at least calm, well sort of... 


I am not loving the color of the yarn nearly as much in my sweater as I did in the ball, it's striping, I am not a stripe person. But it is turning out so pretty, I will go ahead and finish it.  If I end up not in love, I add it to my inventory and get a different yarn to make one for myself.  Everyone that has looked at it thus far really likes it, so we'll see what it looks like finished.  The other challenge is that the front is designed to be shorter than the back so lining those stripes up is going to be a blast.  Yep, that is serious sarcasm there. 

All I can say is that next time I decide to tell the universe that I want to sharpen and develop my skills I need to be far more specific.  Because everything is proving to be a challenge.  I might need to narrow it down to one specific craft at a time.  Somewhere I need a safe spot to create the things that simply bring me joy without any deep thought required. 

It's all good.  I am fairly sure it is just the exhaustion, but double barrel disappointment is not something I am excited about. Maybe I just need to slow down and ask myself what the lesson I am supposed to be learning is.  Am I so wrapped up in completing the project, in the time allotted by puppy naps that I am not taking time to make sure everything is working correctly and taking the time to check?  Might be a good day to slow it down and do some extra meditation. 

I think today is a day that it is best I work alone.  I am not doing well with peopling - and I'm the only people that I am dealing with. Some days it's better to simply stay to yourself.  Today... might be that day.  Everything seems to be slightly off center.  Maybe I will feel more focused and centered after putting myself in time out.  Okay that humored me, although I might just need to write a list of things I am grateful for, that usually flips the switch for me. 

What works for you when you feel like nothing is going the way you want it to?  I am definitely open to suggestions! 


I was finally able to get a picture of Hubs in his Christmas sweater, I am really pleased with how it turned out and I am in love with the yarn I used for it. It looks great on him and he says its nice and warm.  Perfect for this 7 degree morning. 

I think I need to focus on the successes this morning, the others won't feel so annoying. I guess we all have days like this, they are just so rare for me anymore that I am not at all used to it and might be losing my skill set on dealing with disappointments.  Although fixing things has definitely led to a quick morning.  Hubs is already off to start his day, he's got a busy morning lined up. 

I used to pray for days when the clock flew fast, especially on a Friday.  Now that I have my own schedule and plan my days they have a steady flow to them.  I don't watch the clock anymore.  Although I do find myself surprised like today, when it seems that only an hour or so has passed and I find it's more than four hours into the day. 


Well my sweet puppies are starting to stir, so it's time to do the morning potty and play routine.  This day will end up being wonderful... and I will find the lessons needing learned from the struggles.  

love and peace... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...