Monday, January 3, 2022

bright new day...

The sun is breaking over the horizon.  The first sunrise that we have seen in this new year.  The other two have simply been a soft lightening of the gray sky. Today it's bright, cheery, energizing and promising.  

I have enjoyed this start to the year.  My youngest grand baby has been hanging around (a lot), I'd love to believe it is just to see me and grandpa, but we aren't delusional we are well aware it's the puppies that are drawing her to spend time with us. Hopefully, she is enjoying the tea parties, playing in sand, and doing crafts also.  I am simply celebrating the cuddles I got yesterday before she went home after almost 5 hours hanging out with us. 

We also spent hours enjoying time with dear friends.  It felt wonderful to just enjoy chatting, cooking, laughing, eating and simply being together with people that are important in our lives.  I definitely believe that this is going to be an ongoing thing this year.  Spending time with friends.  Enjoying things that are outside the realm of careers and/or jobs.  

For too long all our time together with any friends was "work" based, talking about work issues, experiences, things... That didn't happen, at all. It was incredible! Most of our friends were met and the friendships developed as a result of work so it was only natural that is where conversations flowed.  I noticed that Hubs and I have richer conversations now that we aren't both deeply engaged in the same work.  It's beautiful. 


I've spent the morning chasing my little terror twins, Beau has been the stinker today.  He's taken off running with the garland from the tree, found a crumb under the chair that was somehow missed, removed the ribbon from the basket that sits by the tree, tried to remove a few ornaments, he's run and played like a little demon.  Of course he crashes faster than his sister.  So while he is so very busy and hard to keep up with for a few moments of time, it is definitely short lived.  


It has definitely cemented my decision to take the tree down today, I normally enjoy it a bit longer, but this year.  The stress is not worth it, I have been collecting ornaments my entire life and have several that are far older than me, I can't replace them or the memories if pups bring it down.  Besides, for the first time in my life, I'm ready to remove it all. I'm ready for fresh and clear.  




One of my focus areas this year is getting rid of excess.  I had planned to go through all of the Christmas boxes and eliminate stuff that I simply don't use.  Puppies have put a different spin on that.  I will wait until summer to go through them and sort and organize it all.  For now, I will just take it all down. 

That sun is deceiving.  I was just outside helping Hubs, the darn latch on the tailgate snapped in the cold again.  It's so annoying and frustrating.  All fairness it is saying a mere 10 degrees outside.  The bed of the truck is loaded with wood from yesterday.  We'd not unloaded so we could enjoy the grand, our friends and be present with the puppies. I could not believe how very cold it is.  Now I am sitting inside, with the "false security" sun shining on me and enjoying the roaring fire my sweet Hubs built to thaw us out.  


Gotta say I am off to a very lazy start this month.  Anyone else? I have things to do, I have projects to finish and ones I want to start.  But this slow, family and friend based time has been healing my weary spirit. I've been moving in slow motion.  I'm not quite ready to get busy, although I feel the energy building.  I feel the desire to step out of this box I have put myself in, I'm just not ready to do it.  I am enjoying slow for a moment longer. 

No matter where you are on your journey... love and peace my friends... 

 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...