Tuesday, January 4, 2022

basking in the sunshine...

Warm fire, even warmer sunshine on my face and sleeping puppies.  All of the coziness is betraying the bitterness of cold outside. It's so quiet and peaceful right now. I'm starting to get in the swing of doing things on puppy time.  Ya know, just like baby time.  This morning's nap led to me being able to load a quilt.  Playtime with Daddy meant a shower for mom.  It's definitely the little things. Only bummer is that they got under the sofa to sleep before I could put them in their kennel so I could head down and work on my quilt for this nap.  It's okay, I have other projects to work on.  

I started my UFO (unfinished objects - not aliens) list yesterday.  Just off the top of my head I have 14 items on it.  They range from big projects to little ones that just need to be finished.  Things that stopped due to surgery, presents, etc.  I have decided that I am only going to work off of that list, until it is cleared, then I will start new projects.  I want those all done.  I am in a completion mood.  Things must be finished. Between nap times and play times, I am hoping to complete a few of them before Friday, at least the most pressing two items on the list.  They should have been finished in December, but... well... puppies. 

As I was making that list, I also started pondering all of the supplies I have for everything in my house.  And decided that I am going to work on using it up.  The scraps of fabric can become scrap quilts, the yarn will make some fun kids hats, I am going to make some rebatch soaps and get some of my wood-working projects finished and finally get my roving spun into something useful - not just soft and beautiful.  

I also was gifted a Cricut Maker 3 for Christmas (thank you baby girl) - with all the fun stuff (both of my babies got me the stuff) to create for days.  I need to get a different computer to use it, but I had planned on a new laptop this year anyhow, I just need to finish a few things before I get to play with that beast!  I can see it tying in so nicely with all my other projects. The research I've done so far... well my head is exploding with possibilities. And my fingers are itching to get using it!  

Hubs and I are trying to figure out how to set up my portion of the basement so that I can easily access all of it, my Cricut, Longarm and also the Featherweight or 99K that we want to put down there.  We are hoping to make the whole area functional. 

It's also finally time to explore how I intend make my shop.  And then make a decision.  I am not a huge fan of selling, I love to create.  Although I feel I am going to need a multi-front approach if I am going to be successful.  I am looking into a couple of "craft" stores to potentially have a full time booth.  I am not 100% opposed to opening an Etsy shop, but as an Etsy shopper I feel that it is so overwhelmed.  I am still working on a webpage, although that is not my strong suit so... And I am also considering making the jump into doing live craft shows as they are starting to reopen. So many decisions. Hubs will ultimately take over this portion.  It is his strong suit. There is a reason my business cards say Creator in Chief.  I also need to decide if offering classes is something I should be tackling with new puppies. 

As you can see, I am working myself into a state that will lead to having the inability to do anything.  Which is why I am working on staying still at the moment, making lists to work through and processing it into small bites. There are things I thought I wanted, but the more I research and learn, I realize that is not what I want at all.  There are other things that are popping up on the journey that are definitely intriguing me and drawing my attention in. 


Life truly is about experiences.  It is about learning and growing.  I hope I never stop doing those things.  For me, creating is very important.  I guess that is why I have so very many hobbies.  On the flip side, as we are heading into the slightly longer days, I am already starting to day dream about my gardens and how to make them as productive and useful as I possibly can.  The last few trips to the grocery store assured me that supplies are definitely limited and I want to make sure we have the things we like.  Again, more research needed.  


Gotta admit, there are many times in life that I feel my education definitely did not provide me with the information that would be important to me. I am fairly positive that I have never once used algebra, although I do often use basic geometry skills.  I would have loved learning more about being self-sufficient.  I literally saw a post the other day from a mother looking for sewing classes for her teen, because it wasn't something she could learn in school. My head hurts with it all. 


Well, puppies will be waking soon, laundry needs switched over and I need to plan lunch.  The fire is dying out and the day is waiting... 

love and peace... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

we needed it...

Anyone else love the smell of the air when it's rained?  Or for that matter anyone else thankful to wake up to smell of rain? It's b...