Wednesday, January 26, 2022

interruption...

I'm trying to find my rhythm again, it was going pretty strong this morning, but I had to stop for what I thought would be a moment or two to take care of a request from someone.  That moment or two spread into a full hour and now I feel off balance. I hate when that happens.  I feel like I am making progress on my day and then boom I feel derailed.  

It's all good, I will get back into the flow here in a few moments.  The pups are currently snoozing, they had their playtime while I was online with tech support.  I felt terrible when they wanted their morning snuggles and I was still working on the problem, they definitely know how to make me feel guilty as they climbed on the sofa and lay there with their sad eye looks drifting to sleep staring me down. I will snuggle them when they wake up.  

I'm almost finished with the scarf my great nephew called and asked me for on Sunday.  He feels quite strongly about it, if he's going to call and ask.  I only need about another hour or so and off it will go heading to Alabama.  I hope he likes it.  I have an absolute inability to say no when asked for something, and when it's a cute little guy, well... there is zero restraint on my part. 

While I was sitting on hold with tech support I decided to start browsing the seed catalog.  Always dangerous.  Because, frankly, I want it all!  Every last one of the seeds and a yard big enough plant them all.  I definitely miss my garden at my old house.  I loved working the soil and growing my own veggies.  I'd originally planned to not really plant this year as Hubs was going to be retiring and I wasn't sure how much we would be home.  But things have shifted, again, and I know that I will be home more than I thought.  As a result, I have started to day dream again.  Planning out how to make the most use of the space I have available. 

We are considering fencing a small part of our yard for the Pups, it can't be much due to HOA rules and the fact that our property goes straight down a hill, but it will be enough if we decide to do it. Unfortunately I don't know that it will leave me any additional space to put planters, although, I could potentially put some on the lower patio. Theoretically the deer will not be able to get to them, although I often see deer in my neighbors fenced yards, so I realize that is only a theoretical thought. Nothing keeps deer out of anywhere they want to be. I also do not want Pups to be eating stuff that could possibly harm them. 

I'm actually sitting here amused, because I already have so much that needs attention and here I am thinking of ordering my garden.  I need to be focusing on completing some of my current tasks. Geez. 


The Pups are starting to fall into a calmer routine, at all of 11 weeks old today they follow me around the house, they watch while I work, they play close by.  Life is starting to be less hectic and to flow more. Now if we could just master potty training that would be amazing! 

Well... my distraction is wearing off, my to do list is starting to nag at my mind, so I need to get with it. 

love and peace...  

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...