Saturday, January 15, 2022

marshmallow world...

I'm struggling to wake up today.  I mean I am physically awake, but had puppy patrol from almost 1 - 3 am.  Hubs woke up at 330 and thankfully let me fall back asleep.  I will admit to struggling a bit this morning.  Not all together sure the separate kennel at night was a great idea. But we'll keep working on it.  We also left them kenneled for a few hours to human yesterday, so they were not at all tired. The only positive thing about that middle of the night puppy party, I actually got to be the first one to wish my boy a happy birthday, twice - because the first time, it was the 15th here, but not yet in his time zone. 

I woke up around 7 am, got morning snuggles from my little fur balls and they put themselves to bed in the same kennel.  So they might sleep for a bit.  Hubs, bless his tired heart, has gone back to sleep for a bit.  So it's just me, my beautiful fire and the snow falling outside the window.  There isn't much accumulation, but enough that it looks beautiful. I'm only feeling a tad like I should do something other than sit here drinking coffee and relaxing.  Not enough that I plan to change my plans, even though my house is more of a wreak than if I had human toddlers on the loose.  I'm just not feeling it. 

I've been looking for the past few days at a Windows based computer, as my Chromebook will not work with my new Cricut.  To say that I am suffering from comparison paralyzation is an absolute understatement. I spent hours chatting with my son about the best investment for what I am actually going to do with it.  He stays up to date on things like that, me... I'm happy with my little Chromebook, it serves my purpose and keeps me doing what I want to do, until now. Switching is going to be tough for me, well, let me clarify, I don't intend to actually switch.  I will still use my Chromebook for most everything I am going to do.  I will use the laptop for other things.  I've used a Chromebook for a really, really long time. I don't spend much time doing things that would require an actual computer with storage. Reality is that I don't intend to either.  

So after many days of reading, learning, doing homework... I have decided I still don't know which one I am going to get. I might just run it from my phone for a little while.  Or I will just put the one's I am considering in a box and draw a name.  Like my boy said, they are all basically the same, using basically the same parts etc, the differences are primarily in the plastics and construction quality.  Especially since I am not buying a gaming computer. I'd loved his thought process (he might take after me a bit) when he said if you are going to buy a cheap computer might as well spend as little as possible. I might add that he is a heavy gamer and dabbles with programming all the time so the ones I am looking at are worthless to him. 

There is definitely something about a snowy day that makes me lazy!  When Hubs and the Pups wake we are going to take our first official walk in the snow - frankly I cannot wait, I love walking in the snow and this is more snow than the Pups have experienced as of yet.  If I'm not walking in the snow, I can literally sit for hours and watch it fall.  It takes me back to one of the few memories I have from childhood at Grammie's, our uncle took us kids to ice skate on the creek near the house and then we walked up to the Dairy Queen for ice cream.  It was absolutely wonderful.  I remember the frozen cat tails along the creek, the snow, the fun.  I couldn't describe it, as it feels more like an emotional memory than one I can picture.  But my heart soars with long walks in the snow.  We haven't had much in the past few years and I am missing it a lot. Honestly, if I was more familiar with my new car I would go off in search of deeper snow, but I'm not and don't want to repeat the experience that happened when Hubs bought my bug.  


I think I am going to put on a podcast and lose myself in some knitting while the fire is crackling, the coffee is hot and it's quiet.  Hubs will wake up shortly and we will have breakfast and start the day... 

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...