Monday, October 4, 2021

childlike wonder...

I don't get it, why are Monday's so crazy?  Filled with a long list of "to do's" and catching up.  I understand that Hubs and I have been running away like crazy, far worse than we were when we first lost both boys.  In fact, I can barely remember the last weekend home and it was simply reserved for chores. 

I don't work outside of the home, so I do not for the life of me understand the Monday syndrome.  I firmly believe that is what it is, a syndrome.  Ingrained from decades of work.  Monday's were always expected to be chaotic, hectic and exhausting.  Have I created that same scenario for myself at home?

It's always the day for doing household accounting, laundry, unpacking (lately) and basically catching up from a weekend of rest and relaxation. I need to seriously revisit how I am structuring my weeks.  It is seriously the only day of the week that I recognize and know I have many items to take care of when it rolls around. 

I guess I don't really mind too much, because of the fact that we are running away so much.  Buying our travel trailer was a fantastic idea.  We have the opportunity to explore new places, reacquaint ourselves with places we haven't visited in a long while or simply return to a beloved spot and enjoy the comfortable. 





I mean, what is the point of having a toy if you don't use it?  This weekend found us just about two hours away in Hannibal, Missouri.  We will definitely be going back, as we found 2 days was not nearly enough time to wander, a full two hours only got us down a portion of main street. I wasn't able to walk the cave, even though it is fairly flat, there were enough slopes that were out of my abilities that I decided to be an adult and not try it. There was simply too much for the short time we were there. 




What we did get to enjoy was the campground winery.  This my friends is a brilliant idea.  Sitting outside and enjoying watching the sunset and nightfall surrounded by beautiful scenery while drinking incredibly good wine and listening to music with my sweet Hubs was heavenly!  I am finding so much joy in all of these simple things. 

The next night found us sitting in a restaurant river side with my sister and brother-in-law.  Our waitress was unique (read that as she really needed a different career) and the food was mediocre at best... but those four hours were wonderful!  We had so much fun, we were supposed to go to them, they decided to come to Hannibal instead.  We had fun laughing, talking, sharing thoughts and ideas so much that we didn't even notice the rain rolling in or the crowds starting to gather.  We each brought the other one things from the garden or foods from our kitchens, she brought me clothing that was now too large for her and heck no I am not offended - she's been on her health journey a few months longer and now I don't have to buy things to fit me! She saved me a ton of money for a short term use.  Although now I have to clean out all the clothing that is too big in my closet to have room for the new stuff - great problem to have! I wish the visit could have been longer, but they were simply up north for the weekend and my leg was too fussy to handle the drive and walk to the car show in the morning.  There will be more visits...











Liberty Tree - 291 years old

The campground was laid out perfectly for me to walk and stretch my knee.  I can't believe that yesterday marked two full months.  I have been so blessed with my healing journey.  I know I get whiny and frustrated, that is the part of me that still needs to learn to have patience.  This experience is teaching me one of the lessons I need to learn. And each day as I accept the boundaries, I find I am gifted with rewards that make my heart so happy.  This morning without even thinking about it I just climbed the stairs, I knew that I had to go upstairs to get the laundry, so I went.  It wasn't that slow awkward one step at a time, I simply climbed them.  I was literally halfway up before I realized it. The feeling of accomplishment, wonder and joy is simply indescribable. 

Last night Hubs and I indulged in a Float, not the kind that happens on the river, but in a huge tub of Epsom salt.  Complete sensory deprivation.  I've been trying to convince him to try it for months.  Each time I have been met with massive resistance.  He was definitely not going to be climbing into a pod, I wasn't truly sure how I would feel about that.  Tried tanning once, definitely hated that pod/coffin feeling.  I booked us two of the float rooms and away we went. 



It was such an great experience.  Not having done it before I would say that I didn't relax as much as I could have.  Due to the unknown. Having experienced it, I cannot wait to try it again.  I definitely feel it is something I could get very accustom to. Even Hubs enjoyed it.  The sense of peace and calm is unreal.  I also want to try the infrared sauna, has anyone tried it?  I am definitely up for recommendations.  

I don't know if you have realized it, but life definitely seems to be opening up so many wonderful things to experience lately.  Or maybe they have always been there and I was too wrapped up in the hive mind to notice it?  I am definitely noticing it now. 

The twists and turns are wonderful, I am excited for life.  I can't say that was my reality before.  Before it was simply a check mark.  Even the "dull" days, the ones full of chores and to do's feel enjoyable.  They feel like I am doing "the things", things that make our life whole and complete.  

I find it all so amazing.  Things that should or used to bring me anxiety are not doing so any longer.  They are forcing me to think outside the box, to look at things with fresh eyes, without fear. 

Is anyone else discovering their child like side?  Finding joy and happiness in the most mundane of things?  I feel like that is what we are supposed to be doing, finding our joy.  Releasing things that are not for us to carry and exploring life and experiences with fresh eyes. Breaking free from the chains of the work-a-day world that we have been slaving away at, shifting our focus.  Not giving up our careers if they are filling our spirits with joy and great experiences, but re-evaluating those careers that are not bringing us those feelings. We all need an income to survive, our world has not become free of those bonds.  But we need to find things that fill that deep spot inside of us, that bring us joy and a sense of pure accomplishment. Am I there?  Oh no, not yet.  But I feel like I am traveling in the right direction.  Like I am finally on the right path.  

Well, speaking of directions, it is Monday... and Monday is filled with to-do's.  Especially if I want to be able to play like a child this coming weekend... which I fully intend to do.  So the to-do's need minded to. 

Love and peace for all...  


No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...