Sunday, October 17, 2021

different...

"You're weird"... I never thought I would take that kind of phrase as a compliment.  Yet, here I am still celebrating it today.  At the reception last night I had the honor of sitting next to the most delightful, hard-of-hearing, talkative gray haired gentleman.  No, not my sweet Hubs... although he was beside me also.  Gerry with a "G" warned me when we sat down that he was going to talk my ear off.  And his sweet wife apologized in advance. 

My sweet Hubs usually is the most talkative one at the table so I definitely wasn't out of my depth.  It is a common occurrence for me to be seated next to the person that will keep the conversation going.  Gerry made my Hubs look like a bigger introvert than I am. 

The conversation was engaging and fun.  He shared his life story, we both love dogs, he couldn't believe I had basically grown up in Germany.  He is a photographer and veteran.  But spent most of his life working in procurement. 

But the weird comment, just filled my little twisted heart with joy.  He wanted to know my hobbies... that is a dangerous question to ask me, because I never know what to reply, it simply depends on the day of the week. I gave him the short list... ya know quilting, knitting, spinning wool, soap making, wood working, etc... He simply couldn't believe that I make my own soap.  Or that those were things that I spent time doing.  

He shared with me that the last person he'd known that made soap was his grandmother and her's was only for doing laundry.  And he pointed out that he was 80 years old, so that should tell me something.  

I cherish being weird.  I love that my days are filled with things that are rapidly disappearing from the norm.  

I'm off to spend some quality time with my Hubs.  I am going to lots of things that make me weird.  I am going to fill my bucket to over full with joy while we rest. 

I hope that I meet up with Gerry with a G again, I love people that recognize that one is weird, but celebrate that in them.  He shared stories of Paris, his pups and his life.  His poor wife kept apologizing to me... she didn't need to.  We had a delightful evening chatting, the universe definitely put him to my right.  My heart and soul needed that wonderful extrovert!

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...