Wednesday, October 27, 2021

do good...

Oh my goodness!  A toasty fire is blazing to warm my toes, the house is filled with the goodness of the lemon ricotta muffins baking (who would have thought you could have tasty muffins without grains?) and the sun is slowly rising just over my shoulder out of the bay window. 

Such a wonderful start to the day.  The nights are finally getting cool enough for the leaves to start changing colors and the mornings are crisp enough to have my fires.  Life is truly good when you break it down into the smaller moments.  

I've really shifted my perspective this year.  I used to be such a crazy planner, someone that needed the decade picture, not the daily.  With all of the changes that have occurred this year, I am no longer the person that needs to see the entire road ahead.  I walk more by faith. Far more by trusting my heart to lead me. 

I was penciling some items on my calendar today, you know those little things that need to be remembered, time with family and friends.  Plans for the cooking that will start today for a friend in need. Notes to remind me of the important things, of benchmarks I personally want to achieve in the next few weeks, you know... those kind of things.  As I went to turn to next week I was stunned to realize that it is already November next week.  Time is seriously dashing past. 

I know that I've been focusing a lot on addressing the fear that is so prevalent in our world these past few days. I might have even concerned a few of you as my phone sure did ring a lot yesterday with check in's and who do I need to pray for inquiries.  I am really in an incredible space in life.  I honestly feel like I am where I have been meant to be for a very long time. This year has been an incredible blessing for me. Freeing. 


Yesterday I came down to the kitchen for a refill on my water when a flash of red caught my eye on the deck.  As I paused to look out there were three beautiful cardinals inside the netting of our gazebo.  The day before had very high winds and my only guess was that they had come in looking for shelter and food as Hubs and I had forgotten to refill the feeders and couldn't figure out how to leave.  


They were panicked, flying helter skelter around crashing into everything.  I was afraid that I was going to have to clean up their poor broken dead bodies.  I went outside and admittedly held my breath as I rapidly opened the netting on the side furthest away from them to avoid causing them more distress or injury.  One of the three immediately saw the escape route and rushed to it.  The two bigger ones a male and a female didn't even notice.  The one that had escaped was sitting on the branch just outside in freedom calling to them, probably giving guidance in bird speak, yet they refused to fly to that side of the deck.  

They were exhausting themselves. They were becoming increasingly agitated and in distress.  I finally went back out and took my chances.  I was able to help the female leave as she was on the ground where I could life the netting from the distance and not scare her too much.  But the male... goodness was he stubborn and terrified.  He kept flying into the closed netting, completely oblivious to the fact that freedom was so close at hand. 

Just as I was able to lift the netting to allow him to slip out he finally realized there was a full wall open behind him and flew out through the opening.  They sat in the trees just beyond my deck seeming to scold me for their previous predicament. Failing to see their role in all of it. 

It honestly seemed like I was watching what so many people are dealing with today. 

I have been listening to a lot of astrologers lately, I have always been fascinated with astrology, the consistency of the stars and planets as they move silently above us. I wanted to study astrology when I was a much younger woman, but I gave into the pressure of those around me when they said it would be a waste of time and money.  Not a career path that would benefit me.  This older woman now understands that learning something for the sake of learning something you are passionate about is a far greater gift to oneself than doing things you are not passionate about. 

It seems we have moved into a time that is going to be a bit intense.  That the planets now ruling our skies are going to be forcing things to the light, that we will simply have to deal with things we haven't wanted to look at and examine. The heavens are giving us a chance to clear out the stuff that doesn't serve us any longer and revealing things that will serve us. 

While the world is going through this turbulent time I am personally going to focus on doing everything I can to help others.  I'm sorting through belongings that don't serve me and figuring out how I can use the items to help others. The way our economy is right now, there are many that can use the items I no longer need.  


Yesterday I went through my closet, having given up grains and sugars I have lost a bit of weight, and there was no sense in holding on to clothing I can't wear.  It killed me to remove some of my favorite sweaters and pants that I never had a chance to even wear, many items were from when I worked outside the house.  They definitely would not be appropriate for my daily routine.  I've held on to them, it was a mental attachment to physical items that I didn't need.  As I folded them I thought about family and friends that could potentially use them.  I offered them up.  After my family and close friends "shop" I will figure out who else I know that might be able to use them.  I don't really want to give them to a resale shop, I would prefer to donate them to people I know. I want to help them. 

Today, I will start the three weeks of cooking that I promised a good friend.  He is having a medical treatment that will mean he will need a liquid diet, his wife is recovering from surgery, I love to cook... seems like a perfect solution.  Sweet Hubs will deliver the food, it will make his life a bit easier.  I have time and the skill and tools to provide it.  

I am trying to support others as much as I can.  Trying to lead with love and compassion.  I am finding examples of others doing the same thing.  The man that was injured in the road rage incident is still in the hospital with multiple surgeries still needing to done, one of his neighbors posted a P.O. Box on Nextdoor asking people to send a card if they felt inclined to do so.  My heart soared with the number of people asking for the address so they could cheer him up on his long road to recovery.

Neighbors are reaching out to others to offer help where needed, the simple things yard mowing while people are recovering from illness and injuries.  Offers of produce from gardens... so many wonderful things are happening. 

I am choosing to let the fear and anxiety slide past, I am choosing to focus on the good that we can do for one another.  Anyone else? I am choosing to be like the first cardinal, I want to fly free from the confinement that we are finding ourselves surrounded by.

Love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...