Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June...

May's last sunset.
A full month has gently drifted by.  It was filled with myriad feelings and thoughts.  As the month wound down I discovered that even going into a Mercury retrograde, that the majority of feelings were relief, calm and joy. Things that I had been depriving myself of for far too long. I do miss some my friends that I was used to seeing daily.  That daily connection was incredible. 

As I move into this new month, I am joyful, calm, relaxed and full of hope and optimism.   I woke up at 4:45, although I allowed myself to linger in that zone of not really sleep not really awake, processing through thoughts, feelings, plans, my to do list and what felt like a million other things until a voice very forcefully in my head yelled GET UP! I jumped out of bed, it was the strangest feeling.  I told myself before laying down last night, that I needed to be up by 5:30 am to give Hubs his haircut.  Seems my inner voice was a bit impatient with my laziness this morning. 

I am setting my intention for June to be the month I get it together.  I will load quilts on the long arm, I will develop my routine, and start taking those full steps forward!  I spent May sorting through the past, it had to be done.  Not all of it is finished, but enough that I feel accomplished. I did the clearing I needed - both mentally and physically.  June is the month of ground work and starting.  During this moment in time, it is good to simply learn and plan.  Explore the different ideas and thoughts and start to lay the ground work.  I need to be ready and able to initiate my plans by the end of the month. 

Strange thoughts, but I do believe in the power of this retrograde and I will not put anything important into play until it is over.  I read a very interesting article last night and it said for the next 23 or so days to put "re" in front of any action steps and spend the time doing things like review, rethink, recreate... you get the idea.  That resonated so strongly for me.  I feel I am in a phase of learning self-love and compassion.  Considering for the 3rd time in a row I have drawn the card connected to that. 

When you ask for guidance and that is what you get consistently, it is time to listen!

This is the month to do my research, gather my data, make my concrete plans and be ready to start.  It's also time to work on that darn routine.  I will be far more successful as a human when I have a routine, I need the structure or I go off into a strange spiral where nothing gets accomplished.  I guess it has a great deal to do with the fact that I have worked for others for over 40 years of my life.  

I know my inner voice is anxious for structure, because for the past few days I have found myself thinking "Monday's should be laundry and linens... Tuesdays..." etc... for home based chores.  And at other times, planning mentally when my optimal times are for working on various projects. My inner guidance is ready I do believe. 

Either that or it is simply reminding me that left unsupervised, i.e. using a list, I will spend all of my time lost in my sewing and crafting rooms.  Sweet Hubs will starve and run around without clean clothes. I know this is a fact as I currently have 4 or 5 projects in some stage of progress.  Planned, cut out, waiting for attention, almost complete or simply a day dream in my head that I am working through.  I need to stop browsing quilt patterns... they are a bit addictive. 

I am bouncing around a bit this morning, so it is time to focus in and get things done!  I can't play until the chores are done, and my fingers are aching to play!

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...