Wednesday, June 30, 2021

slow it down...

Frustration.  That is what I am feeling right now.  I need to make a trip to the store, I decided I could use what I had on hand and finish up a little quilt in no time.  I was being LAZY!  Oh yeah and cheap.  I mean I already had the thread, I could make it work. 

Lesson learned... go to the stupid store.  The 30 minutes of quilting, is now on the second hour of removing stitches.  They look horrible on the back.  The front, looks freaking fantastic.  The back... Oh my goodness. In a short while, I will head down to tear out more of the stitching, I hope I'm almost finished, it's tedious and super frustrating.

I'm questioning why I bother to take classes if I am not going to use the knowledge I have acquired. Seems so senseless.  Oh yeah, it is. I learned how to prevent the very things I am dealing with, if only...


I am not pressed for time now, only self-imposed time limits. That and Hubs' meal schedule.  I had no reason to rush.  Yet, I did anyhow. And now I am paying the price.  Serves me right. 

I still have over 4 weeks before the monkey wrench in my plans, yet here I am acting like it's tomorrow. Oh Lord! I seriously need to address my time issues. Anyone else do that to themselves? I am creating a chaotic storm where one does not exist.  Time is not as linear as we want to believe and we can mentally make it as long or short as we believe.  Don't agree?  How fast does the weekend go?  How long is the wait to a vacation or special event?  Enough said!

I have also developed another addiction during this season of life.  

Featherweights.  


hello Sophia ❤

My beautiful Sophia is such a joy to use now that I am not fighting with her over and over again, simply due to my ignorance, that I decided Hubs needed his own.  Not that I wasn't going to share, I would.  But if he is going to help with our business we shouldn't be fighting over using the same machine - and I know we will.   So the search began.

hunting featherweights is serious business

I absolutely refuse to log into Ebay, at this point.  I was looking for the 1952 for Hubs and this 1950 Centennial kept drawing me back.  It looks to be in incredible shape, just plain dirty.  It was selling for a stupid low price and I was absolutely dying to get my hands on it. Hubs agreed and it will be here on Sunday.  He didn't really care too much that his was not his birth year. I'd forgotten that I had already bid on another one a few days before (no one seems interested in bidding against me - so I may end up with a 1952 after all).  And then I have to decide if I am willing to part with one. I mean do we really need 3 featherweight machines? Don't answer!

My searching didn't end there, my sister-in-law has been wanting one forever... so the search began for a 1948.  It's odd, each one I have gotten I knew when I saw them they were the one I would get.  I was outbid on a total of 4 in a week.  I was getting a bit down.  Seems the 1948's are very much sought after and most have been snatched up and given complete make overs.  Leading to prices well over $1200.  These are incredible machines, but hey... that is far to rich for my blood. 


Late Sunday evening, I was watching the last one in my current list.  I simply knew it had to be her's.  I was over the moon excited to messenger as soon as it closed that she was now the proud owner of a 1948 featherweight. She already had her name picked out, so Lucille (after their grandmother) will be arriving on Friday.  Hubs and I will work together to get her completely serviced, make sure her belt and light are in perfect condition before delivering that sweet baby to her Momma!!  

It is such a joy to bring something old back into service. I love my vintage machines, they are absolute work horses. 

And yet somewhere in this mix of chaos, I am also trying to get items ready for my Etsy shop.  I have finally made the decision (years in the making) that it is time to bring it to life. It will have quite an eclectic mix of treasures, because that is who I am.  Hubs is even going to start working on items for it. 

My knee decided I was evidently moving too fast with some of my plans, so the sewing lessons (at least for pure beginners) and the long arm quilting are going to have to wait a bit.  At least until I am walking better. I guess the universe is working on helping me to slow down and sort out the chaos around me.  Let's also take a moment to acknowledge that it is self induced chaos. 

I am also in the process of putting together a recovery project box.  Knowing for a brief moment I will not be as mobile as I want to be, I am focusing on filling it with things that require a bit less movement.  My block of the month's are going in there for one, it's killing me - as I am excited to see them finished - I know they are strictly hand work that I can do while healing. 

Maybe it is simply human nature to want to do it all immediately?  I don't know, but I seem to be that person! 

It's time to get with it. I want to get most of it torn out so I can start fresh after I get back from the stores. I want to run all my errands early, I'm not a fan of being out when things get busy and there appears to be a storm rolling in, it's a strange green outside my window. 

crazier colors by the day

Take care everyone!  And remember to slow it down, at least a bit.  No sense rushing through life.  

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...