Thursday, July 8, 2021

the light wins...

I'm in a much clearer and healthier mental state today.  Thank goodness for family and friends to work through the darker thoughts and feelings.  They are still there, lingering in the back of my mind, I'm still working through my feelings on the world today.  Yet, it seemed like the universe heard my angst and sent all my guardian angels to lift my spirit and show me that hope still prevails.  Every time I turned around there was something else that was wonderful or uplifting. There was joy, there was hope.  A quick text from a daughter filled with love, a hug of love and gratitude from a grand daughter that rarely hugs (she's in that season of life), a chat with the sweet boyfriend as I gave him a lift to work (huge respect for a kiddo that got a work permit and job the first day he was eligible).  Social media stories poured in from everywhere and icing on the cake, dinner with the eldest and her hubby, filled with laughter, joy and hope. 

The world is not a terrible place.  And I need to remember that the media (all types) shine a light on the worst of the worst, because they can.  I still feel that there is too much anger and hatred right now, and sometimes I slide into that space of believing that evil is winning.  It isn't. There is a balance between light and dark, all of us are comprised of both.  I mean you can't see the light if not for the dark.  Yesterday, I was tired of the dark.  I was overwhelmed by it. 

Ironically, yesterday was the bright cheery day, this morning is drab and dreary.  Inside, I feel brighter and more optimistic. I feel hope again. 

The brightest spot last night for me was my sweet Hubs. Having his oldest in his life is still so crazy new, less than a year, although it feels like it's always been there.  We hope that some day she will get to meet the boy and his sweetie, so our world will feel a bit more complete.  Heck, we'd love all of them to be together at once.  Anyhow, every time he is  going to be with her I feel like I am watching a young school boy getting ready for his first date.  He's nervous, edgy, rushing to look just perfect, he smiles uncontrollably. It is so precious.  She waited her entire life to find him.  I am fairly certain he could be an ogre with one tooth and she would still love him, but he is still nervous. 

Those smiles don't lie!

The conversation flows and dances when they are together.  I love looking at two identical smiles and eyes.  She even crinkles hers the same when she smiles.  We are blessed that she found him. We don't often get to spend time alone with her, so time with just her and her hubby was pretty special. 

In a strange way our day revolved around our kids yesterday.  It was incredible, as sometimes in the crazy busy world we live in we forget the little bits that make it whole. 

The sprinkles on the night for me happened as the kids were getting ready to leave, and watching Hubs act like a kid at Christmas when "Marty" arrived. 

Hello Marty 😍

I don't know if you remember I told you that I'd searched out a 1952 Singer Featherweight for him.  I don't mind sharing mine, but I definitely wanted him to have his own.  He kind of pushed back, saying he didn't need or want one, that he would just use mine.  And again, I don't mind sharing.  But... he needed his own. 

"Marty" as he has named her, she's short and feisty just like the other Marty in his life whom he dearly loves, arrived just as the kids were gathering to leave.  As he set the box on the table I knew he would be opening it.  I knew that nothing was going to control the excitement flashing in those sparkling blue eyes. 

Marty was the ooops machine.  The one that absolutely no one bid against me on, still can't believe that one. And she is in fantastic shape! A little roughness in a spot on the bed and a small missing piece in her bakelite power terminal block plug - which I've already got a replacement for.  Other than that pristine!  

He is over the moon excited, cannot wait to switch to "his" machine for him current project, silly guy wasn't even going to give me time to clean her up.  He was just ready to sew.  I mean it is nothing more than an all black power tool. 

Lucille is waiting for a part ❤

Lucille is waiting for a part to arrive, so she is going to take a longer nap during her spa day, it will become a spa week and I am going to dig into Marty this morning, time for her/his spa day.  My own sewing projects keep getting shelved for the moment, they are small and can wait. This is far more important.  

The only one I have dug into at all yet is the 1950 Centennial machine.  I am sitting here looking at her sitting on the other side of the room.  Now that Hubs, has fallen deeply in love with Marty, I can officially name and claim her. 

Introducing Mildred Pearl - Millie for short

I fell in love with this one for some reason the moment I saw her, and I am very excited to finally get her cleaned, oiled, lubed and running.  I'm going to name her Mildred Pearl.  Millie for short.  Mildred was my great grandmother.  And I definitely feel I got my love of creating from her.  I never really got to spend time with her, but there was always something crafty or quilty happening at her home.  The gifts were made with love and shared with more love. I have boxes of her unfinished quilts and I have been burning to get started on them.  I think I will finish all of them on Millie. 

Well, I need to get busy today, not much time to sit around and chat.  We are heading out for a series of short vacation trips on Saturday.  By Saturday night, I will get to hug my boy for the first time in almost 18 months, I miss him so much, I wish he was closer.  And I will drive as much as I have to for the snippets of time around his visit with his Dad. Facebook keeps reminding me of the last time I spent summer time with him, 3 long years ago. So many plans before August 3, and time feels like it is in warp speed. 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...