Tuesday, July 27, 2021

normal...

Hot coffee, beautiful roses and a morning spent spoiling the Hubs.  Perfect start to this beautiful mild morning.  He is loving having his "50's wife" as he calls it.  Sometimes I question if he is referring to the decade or my age, but in either case, he's happy. I am too.  I love taking care of him, our home, our garden... our life!

I'd gone to bed a bit early last night so I was wide awake at 4 am.  As you can imagine there really isn't much to do at 4 am.  So I put on my head-phones and engaged in an incredible meditation.  I love blocking out the world completely.  I cherish that bit of time where my thoughts are able to stop and I can simply exist. It's very powerful.  I'm not sure why I stopped making time for that bit of heaven daily.  I'd quickly forgotten how powerful it is.  Thankfully I am remembering just as quickly how powerful and important it is to my daily balance and health.

Since the Doc changed our eating style completely I am having to learn and relearn so much.  I am not complaining, as the changes have resulted in less inflammation (with arthritis and FMS those are a huge plus) and I actually feel better than I have for a long time. But eliminating all grains, soy and sugars is not an easy switch.  Especially when Hubs is wanting pancakes or waffles with syrup.  My absolute hatred of chemically made substitutes does not make the task easier.  I found a recipe for a sugar free syrup and decided to give it all a go.  The pancakes will need an actual griddle that cooks on both sides - as they are far too delicate to flip, but they made killer waffles.  And he loved the syrup, so I feel that it is score one for the home team!  


looks much prettier in a jar

Shortly, I will head back in the kitchen to prep for our dinner guests tonight.  I want to make a blueberry cheesecake - my sister brought me some beautiful blueberries that she grew and Hubs has been suggesting it for days. I'm also going to make a broccoli salad to go with dinner, then aside from making salads and grilling there will be nothing left to do except enjoy our friends!  We've missed them.  I feels like forever since we've seen each other and our schedules lately have collided like crazy.  


I've already worked in the treetop garden, had to get that done before the sun burst above the skyline. It is promising to be an absolute scorcher and I am so not a fan of heat.  Although I really can't complain.  The summers are getting milder here in the Lou, honestly so are the winters.  If the humidity would leave, it would be perfect - almost.  

My nemesis, Mr. Squirrel, was a busy jerk last night. I had a lot of repairs to make this morning, plants knocked over, soil dug up...  I get that he is used to climbing tree branches no bigger than my finger, but my tomato plants are simply not strong enough to hold his weight.  I've now wrapped the supports so they should be good and I've had Hubs move the feeder back to it's original position.  His clever fix, was not so clever, as Mr. Squirrel was busy climbing the tomatoes to reach the treats in the feeder. He evidently feels strongly about dining in the squirrel proof feeder. I imagine he feels pretty powerful outsmarting the humans. 


All in all, life feels normal.  After all of our wonderful travels and adventures this month I think my soul was craving a bit of normal. 

Still cleaning up a few odds and ends around my car.  We still need to notify the state it was a total loss and the finance company told us to notify the dealership to cancel the extended warranty - the things you don't think of in the moment. 

But mostly I am getting ready for next week. This time next week I will be almost done having my knee replaced.  That is an incredibly surreal thought.  I don't think I'm scared, probably by Monday that will kick in.  I'm excited about the end result, I can't wait to climb stairs and go for walks.  The idea of taking a hike in the woods is so exciting, I love time in the forest.  I can't wait to be able to go for bike rides again and to just play with the grands without worrying how much my knee can take before it complains and how long will it hurt like sin as a result.  I know that it will still have some pains, but to know that if I follow the instructions and do all of my therapy I stand a super amazing great chance of normalcy... that is an incredible feeling.  

Before the weekend I will have stuff prepped for Hubs, I don't want him stressing out with meals and worrying about what to fix.  I will have all my day to day stuff done so he won't have to worry, heck so I won't have to worry about what might be forgotten. 

I like the daily calm, the everyday normal.  I love not feeling rushed and hurried.  It makes such a difference. At my last reading I was told to meditate daily and simply go with the flow.  In the state I was still slightly in with my car being totaled I wasn't sure what they were referring to.  I was wrapped up in something else.  Now that I am passed that and moving forward, I am fairly sure I understand.  The world is swirling around us all, so much changes on a daily basis.  When I take the time to calm myself and go inward, I am able to process the chaos and not allow it to affect me strongly. 

I have to say I hope that for everyone! The world is changing, it feels forced, it feels intentional. It feels like we are being shoved and pushed down into things and thoughts that are dark and ugly.  We have the option to be dragged into the chaos or to rise above it and observe.  I choose to rise above.  I refuse to participate in the chaos.... 

simply flow friends...



No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...