Saturday, July 3, 2021

best life...

Sitting in the treetop garden waiting for the sunrise on a cool Saturday morning with my Hubs is just about the most perfect start to a weekend that I can imagine. Top it off with hot coffee and the Amazon country classics channel that is playing all the favorites from the past.  

Beautiful memories stirred up listening, closed my eyes to listen to Roger Miller sing King of the Road and was blessed with Dad dancing through my mind singing along.  The tears the welled up were sweet and bitter at the same time. I struggle to actually visualize loved ones that have crossed over, I have the beautiful memories of the time, but to fully visualize is not something that happens often. I guess my Dad was just checking in on me. Because he was there full and completely,  smiling with a cigarette in his hand as he danced and sang. When I opened my eyes a beautiful bright red cardinal was sitting on the feeder looking at me.

one of my favorite pictures of dad...
stole it from my brother in law - Thanks Joe!

A cool morning hanging with my favorite men. What could be better?

Well, what could be better is not having my internet unavailable to me, due to too much usage.  Okay, that isn't better than the way the morning started, but it definitely interrupted my flow and thoughts. Hubs and I are allowing our neighbor to use our internet as he works from home and he has a different carrier and is down for the next week.  We are being the kind of people that we hope other's will be for us, unfortunately, it is causing us to have massive challenges accessing our internet due to bandwidth issues. I am getting a bit tired of not being able to use my own service, but I am trying to be a good neighbor. 




This morning was such a joyful way to start things off.  Hubs is off for a long weekend and we have so much planned.  So the peacefulness of enjoying the world waking up was absolutely perfect.  I cherish time spent enjoying the sunrise.

The 1948 Featherweight was unboxed last night.  Sis was on live with us while we opened it.  She needs a bit of work, but not a ton. And I have to admit that it was killing Hubs and I both to not start on her last night.  Lucille is a beauty. 

But... she is going to wait.  Not for long, but at least a few hours this morning.  Hubs has some more cutting to complete, I am going to have to get pushy.  We both suffer from the same disease, Iwannadoitallnow, and focusing on one thing at a time is super difficult for us.  I am scheduled to have my knee replaced on August 3.  I know as I get closer to the end of the month, I am going to get more anxious and stressed, I am not going to be a good teacher. 

Our plan has been to focus on his project this weekend, in fact I am pretty sure I am holding off on my next long arm project so that he has time to work on his. The only thing we have going on at all this weekend is going to our oldest grand daughter's house tonight for fireworks and celebrating.  Other than that, it's going to be a quilt making sweatshop in these parts! Hmmmmm... they don't have laws against senior labor do they?  I definitely don't want to get on the wrong side of the law. 


I am going to work on some handwork, while coaching Hubs.  I've decided to complete that quilt I made on the 99K, Dorothy deserves her first project at my hands completed.  He doesn't need my entire attention staring at him and trying not to correct each step.  That is how you learn, by doing it yourself. So the handwork will distract me enough that I am letting him learn.



I also finished the little spool pin Dresden plate  last night.  I was so frustrated yesterday when I realized that my desire to purchase a featherweight button hole maker would not have been stupid, even though I don't make clothing very often anymore.  And that my beloved Pfaff was purchased for her quilting abilities not her dressmaking ones, so it also could not do the button hole I needed.  Thank goodness I don't believe in a no win scenario and channeled my inner pioneer woman.  I simply made it the truly old fashioned way and stitched it by hand.  

I'm quite tickled with how precious it turned out and I see many of them coming to life in my future!

I have to admit, that I am happy that Hubs is willing to walk in my crazy with me.  That he has unbelievable faith in our ability to make things work out the way we want.  I have always been the skittish one, the one afraid to "step out of the boat".  He's always been the one that says what the hell, let's jump right in, it will all work out just fine. 

I cherish this amazing man!

I am truly blessed to by his presence in my life.  He's healed so many old wounds, he's always made me laugh and smile.  And even when his bull-headedness collides with mine we manage to walk the path together until we are both okay with the resolution, with neither of us having to back down. Although I think the greatest gift he brings to our life is his unwavering, blinding belief that all things are possible.  His faith is inspiring and a bit terrifying.

I am cautious to a fault.  Always ready with a full planned out path, and then a plan B and C.  To the point of being frozen.  He's the one that says lets throw caution to the wind and JUMP!

That passion is what is allowing me the freedom and joy to follow my dreams. I am so grateful to be able to jump! 

Well my friends, there are smoothies waiting to be made, projects that need attention and my coffee is cold.  

Time to JUMP!

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...