Friday, January 13, 2023

Man plans...

God laughs.  I heard that line this morning, while listening to a podcast.  Man plans, God laughs.  It wasn't meant to say God doesn't care, in fact far from it.  The context is that God has asked us to have faith in him and his bountiful goodness.  Often times, man becomes very myopic, we lose the ability to look beyond our own wants, needs and or feelings. And in our nearsightedness we might lose sight of the miracles that are happening all around us. 

Hey sis... what is Mom doing?

I've been super busy this week.  I've thought about writing, but my heart and body haven't been in it.  I've been doing the work that my spirit is calling me to do.  Unboxing, cleaning out, throwing away bits and pieces of life and memories that frankly I've found myself struggling to even remember. It's incredible the stuff that we save, thinking that it will create a link to something. 

I've also been in super steroid Gramma mode all week.  This morning as I sat quietly enjoying my coffee I have missed the chaos of the last three mornings, the kind of chaos that had quickly started to settle into a routine.  I sort of missed it. Although that bit of time drinking my coffee and relaxing felt pretty awesome also. 








I always make a lot of plans, I function best like that.  I don't always think of bigger picture, of the impact that is greater than my immediate bubble.  Listening to that podcast this morning, I really got to thinking about things.  That particular line, was just one point of many.  She was actually talking about a greater thought and idea.  How we are all part of the solution, part of the total picture and that none of us are an island unto ourselves. 

I know I sometimes get into that mode.  I get happy here in my little house on the hill and I forget there is an entire world outside the door.  This past week as I stepped in to help my older grandson and grand daughter with the littlest dragon so mom could help her uncle with a huge project, I felt something very different.  As my grands asked for attention and help, I felt valued as part of their bubble.  Their mom is incredible and those babies don't often need anything outside of their immediate family structure.  

Helping, filled my heart.  I have had more energy and desire to do things this week than I remember in a long time.  It was like someone removed a road block that was stopping me from clearing out the past.  

The Christmas closet is completely cleaned out, so many bags of trash and recycling that my head is still spinning.   There are boxes of items that are being donated, other boxes of items that I am passing on to younger family members that are just building their starter homes. Some things that we are setting aside for specific donations, for example to the veterans programs we support. As I put the final touches on it, I felt an overpowering sense of accomplishment.  I found it to feel energizing. 

So much so that I immediately moved on to the cantry.  Wow, is that one a hot mess.  It's not organized, which is really all it has ever needed.  I just didn't take the time to do it.  I tend to get myself wrapped up in strange and weird spots, unable to move forward.  Again, man plans, God laughs. 

I feel like the time is finally right to tackle these big projects.  I am finally ready for these next steps.  Maybe it is because I have spent so much time in prayer lately.  The world needs so much prayer.  Things do not appear to be going great, but I feel a strong urge to deny that feeling and focus on being prepared to accept the blessings that will follow.  

My plans were to quickly clean up my longarm room and be ready for the new one to arrive post haste.  I planned to work on my Cricut and develop my sublimation skills.  I think God had different plans for me.  My longarm will not be here until at least mid-February and my heat press has died (thank goodness for warranties).  I mean, can't get much more obvious than that when your plans go haywire. I am waiting on the longarm and the replacement heat press to arrive.  

I feel God was telling me it's time to stop playing for a bit and take care of long neglected business.  Hubs even told me to order a different heat press, and I will, I just haven't felt drawn to make up my mind as to which one I want. 

I am fairly positive once I finish the list of "some days" I am going to feel much more inclined to enjoy the next part of this journey.  There won't be any distractions, no lingering should've, would've or could'ves in the corners of my mind. 

I had plans... God laughed and guided me down a better path.  I'm exhausted.  I have muscles that are so tired from climbing ladders, lifting boxes, hauling trash, bending, lifting and stretching.  Those are simply the symptoms of a body that hasn't been being used properly.  

Truth is I feel fantastic! My mental state is improved on so many levels and I am already plotting the path my major cleaning journey is going to take. But for now, I have a friend that I am going to do a favor for this morning and she should be here shortly.  Then I am having lunch with several friends.  Today is more of a day of slower, a day to relax and celebrate the week past.  I will get busy again later this afternoon on my projects, unless my girl needs my help and then I will put mine on hold until morning.  

I've got bigger plans to follow than simply my own... 

love, prayers and hope

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...