Friday, January 6, 2023

and just like that...

 

It's going to be a semi-busy day, one that I am being lazy and pushing off a bit.  I'm showered and ready to start, physically, finally well rested - yesterday was a struggle.  I just want a few more moments of silence and reflection.  A few minutes to snuggle my puppies. Who am I kidding Belle is not a snuggle dog, Beau makes up for it for both of them.  Just a bit more time, before I jump in. 

I am going to be doing maintenance of the long arm today, it's her spa day, the final one I will give her.  After all these years and quilts together, I officially sold her this morning.  Something I've wanted to do, but never had the courage for the next step, longing for something and taking the steps to make it happen are not the same thing.  

I feel like things are lining up like they are meant to.  As I was still toying with the idea of moving onto a true honest to goodness professional long arm I asked my sister if she was interested in my old one.  It's perfect for just starting out, when it is a newer hobby.  She doesn't have the space or time right now.  While I was still mired in next steps, God stepped in and created that space for me to grow and move forward.  


She had friends over, conversations took just the right direction and one thing led to another.  God shoved me!  I wasn't brave enough to do what happened on my own, I was still mired in my own doubts and what if's.  One thing led to another, my lovely old machine and frame that gave me the courage to learn and try are heading south this coming week.  They are going to a new home to help another quilter cut her teeth.  My new "professional long arm" is on it's way so that I can go to the next level. 

Little Ms Independence

I've never quite felt ready before.  My spirit has never bubbled with excitement for the next step.  Until now. 

I need my space

This year seems to be filled with a desire for change.  I am not truly someone that jumps in with both feet.  I can weather change, easily, yet I never seek it out. I am the person that arranges a room, closet, heck life and when it's how I feel comfortable, I don't change it again. Yet here I find myself craving changes. I have a huge plant in my sitting room, for the entire time we've lived here it has resided in the same exact space. Suddenly, I feel a need to move it on. I am actually considering changing that entire room around.  

This is not normal for me.  It feels foreign.  Yet here I am.  Making changes.

Anyone else feeling a desire to change things?  To shift out of the rut we often find ourselves in?  

It's a reunion year from when I graduated high school.  My high school ring disappeared a good 25 years or more ago, not sure what happened to it, but it never left Washington with us.  On one side of my ring it said "free to be", I graduated in '83.  I loved the sentiment, it felt empowering as I stood ready to take on adulthood.  I hadn't thought about it a lot until recently.  A group that I pray with has started to say a prayer together every day, ironically, it starts out "free to be"... it feels like some circle that I didn't know existed has connected.  I feel ready for a lot of next steps.  I actually find myself feeling quite empowered lately and willing to step out of a lot of ruts, routines and safe spaces and truly experience life. 

I must have a thing for years that end with 3, I got married in 2003, I started my blog in 2013, and now here it is 2023 and I'm starting new adventures.... maybe it's my lucky number?  Or just the cycle I thrive in... who know's... but I'll take it.

As I take the pictures so the new owner can easily reassemble the frame and as I care for the machine one final time, I will celebrate the joys and learning aggravations (I struggle to learn new things gracefully sometimes) I have had over the years.  

Through it all, I am ready for what comes next.

Personal space is way over rated

I feel like 2023 is the year to be free, free to chase dreams without feeling hindered.  I'm actually excited... anyone else?

You will provide me comfort human - 
jedi Beau commands it

love, prayers, hopes and dreams... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...