Monday, January 9, 2023

has time sped up?

Yup, I am well aware that it is January 9th and I am still starting my day basking in the glow of my Christmas tree.  I think it will be coming down today. I don't want to get overly optimistic, as every project I have planned this past week has ended up far major than I planned.  Either that or time is definitely moving faster than we realize. It's like tick, tick, tick... boom it's past bedtime. 

I am wondering if my to do list is too intense or I am getting slow?  We finally got the quilting machine and frame taken down, cleaned, serviced and loaded up for delivery.  It's new owner will have it tonight.  It was definitely bitter sweet.  Especially since my new longarm is at least 3 - 4 weeks away.  Talk about massive disappointment.  But the truth is there are sometimes months that go by without me doing any quilting. I am sure it is just the anticipation. 

I'd forgotten what a beast installing that monster was, and now the room looks so huge with it gone. As I was vacuuming up any of the stray threads that were laying around and cleaning the crafting room, I was stunned by how large it suddenly seemed last night. 

I am going to take advantage of it being gone to finally dig into the Christmas stuff.  I don't want to take anything down until I take it all out, clean it out and organize it.  I have no idea what is in those random boxes at this point.  It seems like every year, as we take it all down and clean up we inevitably find a stack of things that we forgot.  Small, random, missing from their home.  Instead of being responsible and organized, I simply stash them in another bag or box and stick it down there for that moment of sometime later. 

I've discovered that sometime later simply doesn't happen without some incredible effort on one's part.  So today, while I linger on the phone with Cricut, darn heating press is not working, I will pull out boxes, bags and an assortment of other storage items and dig in. Wooo... better make sure I have some serious coffee ready for the effort. 

And of course I had to spend some time this weekend with my littlest grand.  Pedicures, cooking baking and crafting definitely happened.  I figure I might as well start her out on a few hobbies young, and she loves to bake cookies and craft.  




My sweet Hubs is trying to give up nicotine, as someone who never smoked, I don't really understand how difficult it is.  I can tell you as the wife of someone trying to give up nicotine, it is brutal!  The intense internal misery must be off the chain. Because the external signs and actions are unreal.  

We were talking about it yesterday, as I was struggling not to commit bodily harm on my beloved, and he said imagine that you can never create or craft again.  No needles of any kind, no knitting, quilting, crocheting, painting, wood working, any kind what so ever... and you would begin to understand.  I've been processing that since yesterday.  

sublimation... you're up!

not bad for a first try... 

I don't believe I would be a very pleasant person to be around.  I need to create.  I might be very addicted to it, probably similar to how an athletic person is about being active, or a musician is about music... It dawned on me that we all have addictions.  Things that make us feel whole and complete.  Some are probably better for us physically than others, but then again there is not guarantee on that either. Says the woman that has sewn threw her finger, and we won't even talk about the burns, punctures and other mishaps that have occurred. 

I guess I understand.  I know I am trying to be compassionate, I guess I need to try a bit harder. We are all fighting battles that others simply might not see or understand. 

I guess I should be thankful for the delay with my new longarm.  It forces me to have free time to get a few other things done.  It forces me to move those other needles.  At 330 am this morning I was daydreaming about starting another project all together... yeah... I might have an addiction too... geez...

Well, I've lingered, I've stalled, I've chatted and sipped coffee... it's time to dig in... I have planned a lot of activity for today....

love, prayers and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...