Tuesday, January 3, 2023

back to normal?

Hubs is upstairs showering and getting ready to return to work.  I've just finished my to do list and making plans for the day.  The pups are romping around in this sudden spring like weather, fueled by the unseasonable warmth.  It feels a lot like an every day normal kind of day. The routine being re-established and life getting ready to move forward in the ordinary kind of way. 

I've been struggling to maintain my routine while Hubs has been on vacation.  My life doesn't flow the way it used to when we both worked outside of the home, so when he wants me to sit and watch a show or do other things like that, it means my normal chores don't happen. I never thought I would feel "behind" at home.  Today, feels like a day to catch up, to complete the tasks and move things forward. 

This warm weather has me thinking about finally getting my door painted.  I've been putting it off for what feels like forever.  Not because I don't want to do it, but because with puppies, everything requires far more thought and planning. As the temperature will head firmly towards 70° I feel that I should probably get organized and start the year off solidly. The pups have mellowed so much and working on a project like painting the door should be a fairly easy task to complete without much interference.  

I am not someone that likes to alter or change my environment, once I have decided on how I want something to be, that tends to be it.  Yet there feels like there is something in the air that is drawing me make changes.  Things that I've accepted and felt okay with, no longer feel okay.  I want a cleaner, more streamlined environment.  I'm feeling a strong urge to be organized, no it has nothing to do with the fact that my daughter bought me the greatest labels for Christmas - maybe. 

All of my Christmas decorations are still up, I haven't felt the need to take them down, my plan is to do so on Saturday.  I want to pull all of my Christmas boxes out and finally clean them up.  So much clutter and "stuff" is stashed away it's time.  Every year Hubs and I talk about the need to take care of it, and every year we end up stuffing it away and saying we'll get to it in the spring or summer or... you see the trend right?

Last year would have been the first time I had the time to tackle it, but I was dealing with a new knee and two little puppies.  Neither of those situations encouraged the hours worth of time that I was going to need to spend. This year, it seems like the right time to tackle it. 

I guess I am as human as I fear, there are two times in the year when I feel absolutely driven for purging and changing things.  January and September, Spring is reserved for tackling my garden and outdoors.  But January and September are when I want to focus on the inside. 

Something about having a clean slate, washing away the clutter and debris that has been carried forward.  It feels rejuvenating.  I haven't put a lot of effort into quite a few things since Halloween.  I've focused more on the immediate, spending more time with family and engrossed in things that give instant satisfaction.  I gave myself permission to step back from a lot, and to just be in the moment.  

It's been fun, it's been healing.  I've allowed cobwebs to form in many areas, knowing I would deal with them in the new year.  Now that the new year has arrived, I feel ready.  I want to tackle the projects, I want to dive in head first.  I feel a need to actually mark things off of my to do list, not simply move them forward to the following week.  

It's time. 

As Hubs heads out to meet with folks and do the things, I will get busy. It felt good to work on my to do list today.  I felt complete.  The fact that I am sitting here typing, also feels full circle, I needed a break, I needed me time. Well, there are carrots to can, cranberry juice to make and a ton of other little jobs to accomplish today.  

It is definitely time.... 

love, prayers and hopes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...