Saturday, September 18, 2021

everyday life...

Chasing sunrises always starts a day off beautifully and this mornings did not disappoint!  Hubs came up from the man-cave just before sunrise and asked if I was ready for my morning walk.  I have to admit the twisted side of me wonders when he asks me that if I am his current puppy and feel the need to wag my tail.  But the normal side of me is so very thankful to his dedication to helping me recover and become strong and independent yet again. 

As we slowly made our walk, which I am excited to say I was able to add .1 miles to it.  That seems like so little, but for me it is a huge increase.  One more street light makes a world of difference. Every few days I am trying for another small victory, one more street light or maybe adding a small hill (not much - maybe just a few degrees).  The healing both physically and mentally is powerful! Add a beautiful sunrise and the happiness of the soul is elevated to an unreal level. 


I am sitting here "cooking" my leg right now, I have to do a full hour three times a day right now, and yesterday I missed one.  I didn't realize how important this step has been to my healing until I tried to sleep last night.  My leg ached no matter how I tried to sleep.  Note to self: Don't skip cooking! I cannot wait until it is not needed. 


This morning after our walk Hubs and I were hanging out in the treetop garden, the temperature at this time of the year is so beautiful and relaxing. Sipping coffee, watching the sunrise over the the trees and chatting is probably one of my favorite pastimes and I hate when we ultimately have to get up and get busy.  During the week that time always comes far too soon.  On the weekends we are often able to sit until we feel ready to start the day, today was no exception. 

We chatted about what the weekend holds for us, this is a honey-do weekend.  A friend is coming to help us install our fans/lights in the two front rooms, the guest room and and my studio get so warm and they do not have good lighting, which I can work around but it frustrates sweet Hubs to no end.  

I spent a few moments in my garden, harvesting tomato's and cleaning up beds as the season wears on and finally starting to really look at my fall planting.  I made a few a list of a few things I need to get and checked out my seed stock.  Pretty sure I can get another planting of radishes, lettuce and some spinach in before we have frost and as I have the seeds on hand, I believe I will.  I found my tools stashed in the garage, my seeds and gloves are ready, all I need now is some soil, the beds are a bit lean and could use a refill.  Depending on how install goes that might have to wait until tomorrow. 

I also noticed several of my houseplants need some attention also.  Sometimes it feels like there is more to do than there are hours to complete and others are semi-empty and the possibilities to fill that time are endless. 

Hubs is getting ready to pressure-wash the house and sidewalks.  I want to help so badly, I love pressure washing and the therapeutic nature of the back to back motion.  I know that I do not ready to tackle such a job, but it doesn't stop my desire to be out there.  I also know that pressure washing is not good for me with my mold allergies, it definitely stirs that up to the forefront. I wonder if he will notice if I am staring out the window longingly. Doubtful, he gets lost in the project also, so I know he will be immersed in his music and the rhythmic motions.  I guess I will leave him to enjoy it and focus on my own projects.  

He works so hard during the week, that I am super grateful for his willingness to spend the weekend doing the list of honey-do's that I cannot currently do for myself.  I get very frustrated when I cannot do the chores that I want to do.  One of my greatest joys of being home based now, is that I can take care of my home and provide a warm and welcome home for us. 


My contribution to the weekend will be doing some cooking for us.  I baked grain-free bread yesterday, it turned out amazing. Only needing to stand for a few moments of time is something I can easily do.  As he is loving that so much, today will involve making some grain-free nacho chips and of course he needs some cookies.  I think today will be pecan sandies.  Something perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of coffee or tea. 

I will also take care of washing the linens and those chores that will allow me to sit and rest when needed.  I feel like I am not carrying my weight in our lives right now, even while I try to remind myself that when he was so sick I carried all the weight. To me that doesn't really matter. I am not one of those people that believes in keeping score, I feel that we are both part of an incredible partnership and we each are responsible for lifting the other up when we are not strong enough.  I don't believe in 50/50, but at the same time I feel guilty when I cannot contribute at least that amount. 

I love these kind of weekends, they fill my heart with all the comforts of home.  The simple things that make a life and home.  Working with Hubs is one of my favorite things to do.  Whether we are puttering around the house, working in the yard, doing some woodworking, quilting, well simply anything it is perfect.  I am blessed, I love being married to my very best friend and soulmate.  I firmly believe that we were always meant to be together and I love the beauty that comes with that. 


Who knows what tomorrow will bring, if we get all our chores done maybe we will get to have a day of play or it may be a day of rest.  Some of it will depend on the weather and if the rain we are expecting actually decides to roll in. 

I hope each of you has time for things that fill your heart and soul this weekend... 

Love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...