Friday, September 3, 2021

everyday normal...

Ugghhhh... I suck as a human healing.  I want results now dang it all!! Actually that is only a tiny little voice in my head that might be a bit numb from the ice pack resting on my knee. I just have little windows of time where I give into that tiny voice.  This very moment is one of them. 

Doc warned me that mornings were not going to be a fan favorite for a while.  He explained in depth what causes it and that it will go on for a long time yet to come.  He warned me that at night I would feel like super woman, able to bend it and walk super smoothly only to wake up with all my progress gone.  

Ugggghhhhh... did he have to be right?  As a morning person, that is crazy frustrating.  It's enough to make me want to throw a full fledged temper tantrum.  To stomp my feet and act like I am two. 

That being said... why am I fussing about it?  I mean, it wasn't like I wasn't warned.  Nor is it like I am not going to do exactly what I want.  I just want the moment to complain that it isn't as easy as I wanted it to be. 

I mean it's not even eight in the morning yet, and I have already cut Hubs hair, cleaned up the bedroom and gone for a "walk"... yes a walk is what I am calling it.  It wasn't far, 1080 hard earned steps, but a walk just the same.  A full half mile and it only took me 15 minutes.  There was a moment in time that I could never have celebrated that. Now, I feel I want a gold medal. When I hit 5016 steps yesterday, I almost cried with joy.  There was a time that would have sunk me into a deep depression. It's all about perspective. 

Truth is, I will walk further tonight, on flatter ground.  This morning, I walked the path we used to walk our boys.  I wanted to see the sunrise.  I needed that joy in my life. It was worth the discomfort and need for ice right now. I took the path that involved small hills and uneven ground.  I really wanted to climb the hill to fully experience that beautiful sunrise, but I might be a touch special, I am not downright stupid. 

I'm actually just whining.  I am blessed and I know it. 

In a short while I am going to have built my energy back up and I am going into the kitchen to make some crackers (can't have grains so I am learning to make them with an assortment of nut flours) and some snacks/meals for our trip this weekend. 

For better or worse, I booked us to camp this weekend in Kentucky on the banks of the Ohio River.  I really wanted to go down to Arkansas, to celebrate one of my great nephew's birthday's, but that is a few more hours than I feel confident to travel.  The site we are going to is three hours away, I figure if we stop at least every 45 minutes to an hour and walk I should be able to handle it.  Although I definitely have a plan B (remember it is all about the plan B with me) that will allow me to stretch my leg out and sweet Hubs will simply have to be my chauffeur. I'm a touch insecure about it, but I need to live my life, not sit in my house and engage in a pity party.  I am simply not prepared to sit still. 

Tomorrow will find me in one of my favorite places.  I will spend some time getting a reading, enjoying the National Quilt Museum - they have the 9/11 exhibit up, maybe a bit of bourbon at the cigar bar with Hubs and definitely a stop at the Distillery (I am definitely going to be bringing home a bottle of that heavenly chocolate/coconut moonshine!) and of course Tuscan Rose. 




I'm not sure we will stop at Hancocks' of Paducah this time, I haven't had time to use the fabric I bought last time and honestly that place is dangerous to my fabric loving heart!


I bought some yarn for a Christmas gift when we went to the Tuscan Rose last time we were there.  It is all hand dyed yumminess, and it's the first time I've ever used a silk yarn.  I hate to say it, but my alpaca yarns might have slid out of first place for joy and ease of use. See my world doesn't revolve around quilting. And now I feel very strongly that I need some more of this yarn to make a treat for myself.  Something I rarely do, but oh my... it is heavenly!  Now to decide what colors I want for me!!

I think Hubs is actually going to bring the camper to the house today, our driveway is long enough and then I can seriously clean and prep it for our trip!  And it will save us an hour tomorrow on top of the three hour drive tomorrow.  As it is stored 30 minutes west of us, and we are heading east. His driving skills can definitely handle it, it just depends on how many cars the rude neighbors feel like lining the street with today.  Our cul-de-sac often has 5 or more cars parked along it due to one house. Fingers crossed!  It would be wonderful to simply load the fridge and freezer, to make the bed and put all of our belongings in it here, instead of having to drag it all back and forth. 

Well, as you can see today isn't about deep or thought provoking things, simply the ramblings of a woman that has a ton of chores to do to get ready for a chance at being normal, who is whining about not being able to do them as easily... Those days happen.  

Time to go with the flow and move life forward!

Peace and love...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...