Monday, December 31, 2018

my wish for you...

It's hours before it officially strikes midnight, I know for a fact that I will not be awake to ring in the new year.  I will be curled up with my guys, sleeping soundly.  I am sure in the distance I will hear fireworks and from the sheer number of cars parked up and down the road I am equally sure that many of my neighbors will be ringing in the new year in grand fashion.

Hubs and I will ring it in our fashion. Sound asleep.

I have to admit I am not sad to see 2018 leave.  It has definitely not been a pleasant year.  It has tried me in ways I never wanted to be tried.  I love the saying that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, after this year... I feel that I am able to bench press a tank.

2018 has taught me so many lessons.  Given me so many opportunities to grow. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn, I just wish the lessons hadn't had to be so painful.  So many losses, so many uphill battles.  Challenges with Hubs health, career changes, time without my kids, and so much fear of the unknown yet to come.

Yet, here I sit ready to welcome 2019 with an open heart.  Ready. Okay, readyish. Is that a word?  Tonight it is. 

I can't say that I trust the universe quite yet, it's thrown me so many curve balls. I am not all together sure that the changing of the calendar is going to change my reality. 

I am definitely hopeful and full of faith in the magic of the new year.

I hope and pray that all of my family and friends have a safe, peaceful and prosperous new year.  That the wishes and dreams you have come true.

May you find hope in your most hopeless hours and faith when the world doesn't seem willing to allow it.  May all of your loved ones find the same.  And maybe, just maybe 2019 will bring a bit more love, kindness, acceptance, support, joy and happiness to everyone. 

Maybe...

I lift up my peppermint tea and toast each of you as we draw this year to a close. Let the ball drop, the confetti fly, let's thank the old for the lessons and growth it gave us, and soar forward into what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...