Monday, February 6, 2023

reality is harsh...

I hate having a feeling of human helplessness.  That is what I am feeling today.  I'm struggling to do anything except pray and watch the news.  

Yesterday was a fabulous day, full of sunshine and family fun.  I found it strange that so many folks on so many different platforms were all saying how they had a strong sense of foreboding. It was a busy productive morning, followed by an afternoon of romping in the sunshine with our pups. The sky was a brilliant blue, the temperature was incredible and the pups had a blast, even getting in the water for a bit of a swim.  

Hubs and I basically disconnected for a few hours, we found paths we'd never taken and saw beauty in everything. Our babies were loving life and were so worn out from the day of fun that they slept soundly almost from the moment we arrived home. The moon was just rising as we cleared the last turn to our home and Hubs and I paused for a moment to consider a picture, only to realize that no camera could capture that incredible beauty.  



I was killing time waiting for the my canning to finish.  I had decided the last bit of cooking could wait until the evening.  I was just scrolling through different platforms, ignoring the fact that the Grammy's were taking place and entertaining myself to stay awake.  That fresh air was working on me too. 

A small voice reminded me to check Dutchsince's channel, I have mentioned him before.  My youngest lives in an earthquake prone area and it brings me a sense of calmness to pay attention to what is going on in the world.  There have been quite a few folks forecasting some massive earthquakes, so... ya know... it's a mom thing. 

It was close to 9 pm, I'm not sure how close, but close. I don't have family or friends in Turkey or Syria, it doesn't matter.  My heart stilled for a moment when I heard of the tragedy unfolding there.  As I listened to a livestream, detailing the chaos and destruction happening half a world away, I held my breath and prayed.  

It hasn't even been 24 hours since the earthquakes started, I've lost count of how many have happened. I don't trust the USGS, they hide the truth too often, so I am not sure how powerful either of the two major ones have been.  Somewhere between 7.8 and 8.1.  The destruction and death are surreal. 

I'm deeply saddened by the fact that our country isn't even reporting on it.  They are absolutely ignoring it.  Far more important to waste time talking about the price of eggs and the vile Grammy's. I know that I personally cannot do a thing for the people impacted so far away.  Nothing in the physical realm. 

I've been praying.  It's all there is for us. 

I've seen heartbreaking photo's of babies being rescues, children being pulled from the rubble. My heart is hurting for the number of still bodies being pulled from beneath high rises. Fires are erupting everywhere, buildings are crashing to the ground with each quake.  I watched a video of the seniors from a nursing home sitting outside, barely clothed in the snow, crying for help and comfort.  The suffering is unreal. 

My heart is hurting even more from the callous comments.  The hatefulness is unbelievable.  And yet, even people I normally respect and listen to are acting as if a massive horrible natural disaster has not taken place.  The are still talking about politics, mundane jabs at performers (honest or not...).

My pups seem to feel something isn't right in the world.  Neither of them has been more than a few feet from me since yesterday.  Beau slept with his body touching mine all night, Belle came over and touched me numerous times during the night. Today, both of them are near me.  Stopping me from everything I am trying to accomplish.  Talking.  Especially Belle, she's been "talking" at nothing all morning. 

I'm listening to my wind chimes ringing loudly. There have been several mild by comparison earthquakes here in the US today.  One in Buffalo and one in the same area of Pennsylvania/Ohio that there was a train derailment just a few short days ago. The world is in chaos on a natural level.  Even half a world away it feels ominous. 

Now it looks like the earthquakes are spreading across that region of the world.  Accurate information is not flowing out for the world, they are too busy trying to survive to be on any form of media. I don't even have the ability to imagine the fear, horror, sadness or even the elation when a loved one is located.  I can't process it.  

I had other things I wanted to talk about today, but I simply can't.  For now, I am going to pray.  I am going to pray for El Shaddai to be there for them all. Today, I can't care about the price of groceries, the quasi Satanic ritual that appears to have played out on television last night, the minor inconveniences of life oddly out of place in the face of such destruction. 

Today, I am cuddling pups, I am praying, I am reading my Bible.  Today isn't about that stuff. 

love and prayers... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...