Monday, October 10, 2022

stopping by...

Well, I guess it's been a moment since I've stopped long enough to write.  Been a bit busy lately.  Finishing up with my personal harvest, putting up the produce that I picked up at the Amish market and working on various projects around the house.  I've also been spending some quality time with friends and family.  Busy living life. 

I can't believe how cold it's gotten at night already.  Seems like it was only in the cozy temps for a couple of weeks.  We actually had a frost warning.  I'm not ready, I love fall, it's my favorite season.  Yet it fills me with sadness as my garden fades for the winter. I will miss going outside to harvest fresh veggies as I am cooking.  Although I have zero plans to start buying things that have been processed in a factory.  Now is definitely the beginning of cantry season.  

I have a bit more to put up, but luckily all of it is stable and doesn't mean I have to rush, which is good.  I have some sewing projects to work on and get done this week.  Hubs and I are considering getting another camping trip in this weekend and I haven't finished our bed quilt yet.  I need to get on that and two other smaller projects so that I can focus on a bigger project next week. As the garden fades and there are fewer harvests I will spend more time in my sewing room.  Already making my list. 

Pumpkin butter anyone?

I'm working on keeping myself very busy.  I'm avoiding the news, television and social media for a large part.  So if you are looking for me online, I'm probably not there.  I'm worn out from the insanity going on.  I'm worn out from witnessing all that is going on and the sheer number of people that are only focusing on what they are learning on television and are oblivious to the chaos that is swirling around us.  

I check in on updates and information a few times a day.  I mean you have leaders of countries casually throwing around terms like nuclear war and refusal of peace talks.  Those things tend to make my skin crawl a bit.  I would love to believe that those are bridges no sane person would cross, but I am finding sanity to be a very rare commodity lately.  I was a touch concerned this morning to find a tweet in my feed reminding all parents that their son's must register for selective service, regardless of being an only son or last in the family bloodline.  I mean seriously, that is not a great omen for a Monday morning.  

There is far too much going on that is of a threatening nature.  I guess I could live in fear and anxiety.  I'm choosing to live in prayer instead.  God has everything under control, in prayer there is calmness.  I'm still human and I want to know what is going on around me, I'm simply not afraid of it.  




Over the weekend Hubs and I watched the Ye West interview, we were curious.  I have never given him much thought or paid much mind to his antics.  I'm not much of a media person.  So for me to "waste" two hours of time felt like a pretty strong sacrifice.  I'm glad I did.  So much of what he had to say was far different from what I expected.  It was intriguing.  To me, the most powerful part of it all was when he stated, I am here for such a time as this. 

What?  I can't remember much else he said, I was stunned by that line.  I just finished telling you that I am feeling bombarded by that line lately.  By the Bible quote and the meaning.  I've been doing research into it.  I am feeling that many of us, if not all of us, are here specifically for this time in our story.  I am not done exploring and listening to this story, not by a long shot.  Queen Esther resonates within me, the story of good in the face of adversity is very powerful. 

I don't know about any of you, but I feel like life is moving at a very accelerated pace. Days are blending together, to the point that I can't keep much straight.  I know things have happened, but the timelines feel blurry and surreal. I know they say time moves faster as you get older, but I don't truly feel older.  

I don't know how frequently I will be writing.  There is simply too much swirling in my mind lately.  When I have moments I could write, there don't seem to be words.  I question sharing the thoughts and ideas in my mind, because of the state this world is in.  I was stunned last week to receive an email from PayPal telling me that they were going to charge $2500 for things you wrote or shared on social media that was "disinformation".  

To watch it blow up on social media this weekend and then watch PayPal retract it as if it were accidental and shouldn't have been released.  I don't want to say I found it humorous, as it was anything but funny.  What I found interesting is I had received that email early in the week, Hubs and I had already made the decision to walk away from them as a company, those kind of things do not align with my values.  Yet, it was everywhere this weekend.  

I'm questioning where things are going, I'm pondering so much, I'm pulling back.  I need to. I need to go back in time.  Because where we are headed as a human race is not somewhere that I can go.  This old fashioned girl is really okay with a different future that we seem to be heading towards.  



So... I'm gonna be hit or miss.  I have things to do, a life to live, a family and friends to connect with on a deeper level, a different level.  I don't want to be a part of all of this, I want to lose myself in prayer and connection with God's word.  I'm tired of all of the "political correctness", the manipulation, the lemming factor, I don't wish to be a part of it. 

This puppy mama is going to be living life with her puppy loves and Hubs, enjoying all of the gifts our good Lord gave to us.

love and prayers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...