Friday, October 28, 2022

can we talk?

What an incredibly busy morning!  I actually slept in as Hubs put it, I mean 5:30 am is a bit late for me.  Hubs had to get going super early, so I spent a few minutes marveling at the changes in the world, just since going to sleep last night, checking on things that are important to me while I drank my morning coffee.  There is so much going on in the world right now, so very much.  I hope that people are opening their eyes to see all that is coming to light, all of the changes, sadly, I fear many are not. 

Breakfast with the Hubs by six, puppies fed, a quick refill to my coffee cup and up the stairs I went as soon as he left for the day.  It was a super productive first hour of the day, I truly was longing to go back to sleep, my rest has been interrupted by a lot of crazy dreams lately, instead I headed to my sewing room. 

I am working on a commissioned quilt, in fact now is simply a back break, all the squares are pieced and I need to play puzzle on the floor to assemble it in a way that is most pleasing. I figured as long as I needed to stop for a few, I would write.  

I spent the morning listening to my favorite preacher, listening intently to her words, the scriptures she shared and the message.  I rarely start my day any differently.  I pray God understands that in order for my brain to retain information, my hands need to be busy.  I truly subscribe to idol hands being the devils workshop, as mine are rarely still. The message was powerful. I needed to hear it.  

Are we ready?  When God moves and rights this mixed up world we are living in, are we truly ready?  I felt strongly that I could say yes, but my eyes were a bit glassy when I thought about the many masses that are still wearing blinders to it all. What will be the outcome for them?  Heartbreaking to consider. 

I am still looking into the verses, I want to understand deeper the message.  I moved on to listening to several of my favorite homesteading creators.  I often resonate with their messages and I learn so much from them.  The two I listened to while stitching away often come from different angles making the learning that much deeper.  Today they approached a topic from similar and yet very different angles.  It was interesting and seriously had my head spinning as I worked and listened. 

I'm sure if you are even remotely listening to anything that isn't straight mainstream media, you are aware that there is a dire shortage of diesel.  This is due to some incredibly stupid ideas and policies at it's very core.  You might even be aware that there have been many warnings that there will be food shortages and the like.  Or maybe you have done your own math, looked at your own expenses and realized that the inflation rate is far greater than you've been told.  

At any rate, there are issues in this world right now.   This isn't an American thing, it's global, look at what is going on around the world if you doubt it.  They were exploring things going on regarding food security and having the basics one needs.  Many groceries will not be able to get food, those big old semi's move almost all of it.  The one was speaking about the sheer number of grocery stores going out of business already.  The apparent push towards already huge groceries buying up smaller ones and the limited resources rapidly happening outside of large cities.  There's an agenda out there that speaks to this being a goal.  Look it up. 

The other one was speaking about a channel that she follows saying that people will not need to garden.  That blows my mind.  They were speaking about you would just get everything from the grocery.  Um... at what cost?  

The second one has a family member that is still alive that lived through the last great depression, so she spoke at depth with her.  The words resonated in my heart and soul.  I firmly believe that God will take care of all of us, that he will right things, that we will make it through these times.  

Several things really popped in my head while sitting there happily sewing away and listening to all of this. The first was in regards to are we ready.  If you doubt that things can change in a day, maybe you need to think back to that Friday in March of 2020.  It's etched in my mind, things definitely changed in a day for everyone.  Not all of us experienced the dramatic changes of basically being prisoners in our own homes, of our jobs ceasing (some permanently), but all of us experienced a dramatic change.  

How many were ready for that change?  Do you remember the panic buying of supplies, the uncertainty, the fear?  I mean I am truly still trying to understand the toilet paper panic, but I digress. When the coming changes happen, and I firmly, with my entire heart believe they are coming, how many will be ready? How many have looked beyond the programming that is bombarding us daily to really see what is going on and heeded the warnings and words that have been out there.

Another thought that became very prevalent in my mind, is one that has been rattling for a good long while.  Some of those groceries, and other businesses, are closing because of no employees.  I struggled with that myself when I still worked outside of the home.  I also explored the "no one wants to work phenomenon".  Struggling to understand where all the employees have magically disappeared to, pondering how people were living/surviving without a job, questioning work ethics, ideas, things we have been taught to believe.  

For the longest time, I truly believed the narrative (yep in this case I am going to use that word).  The longer I have been away from the "work a day world", I have other ideas.  Maybe it isn't that no one wants to work.  Maybe, and hear me out, maybe the forced shutting of the world lead to an awakening that no one expected.  

For far too long the family unit has been neglected.  The goal has been to own and buy far more than needed, i.e. keeping up with the Jones' mentality.  And for the record I also do not subscribe to the "you will own nothing, and be glad of it" mentality either.  When we were locked down, schools closed, day care deemed only for truly "essential" employees, stores closed or limited, etc... Maybe, just maybe the mindset shifted. 

Instead of the gradual women's liberation movement that took several generations to accomplish, in one fell swoop families had to re-evaluate priorities and lives. 

Did that plethora of workers, the overflowing abundance of people searching for jobs to keep up with what society deemed important realize that they didn't need all of that?  

Did they realize that we have way too many businesses.  The joy of cooking at home and eating a meal with your loved ones.  Did they realize that having the latest and greatest clothing in the seasons' colors and styles really didn't matter that much?  Did they do the math and figure out that Mom (or Dad) having that job that created the families second income wasn't nearly worth what they were giving up in return?

Many times over my working life I did that math, it shattered my heart that I was giving up precious time with my babies for an extra $100 or so dollars a week after you took out for all the extra expenses connected to working.  Yet, I always justified it, I always found a reason that I needed to stay at work, to keep up with what was expected. 

Maybe folks have realized so much of what they thought they needed, what they were programmed to need (marketing anyone?) wasn't really that important after all.  And maybe at least one parent is now at home raising their family, taking care of their homestead, doing the things that they were paying someone else to do.  

I don't believe people became lazy, okay some did, I do believe that most people's priorities changed.  They got tired of the true cost of being a link in the chain that was making others rich and stealing too much from them. 

Doubt it?  Take a look at what is all around.  

Families need tending by someone invested in them, someone that loves and cherishes them.  Anyone catch the disaster that went on at the day care center in I believe it was Mississippi (not sure) where the providers literally terrorized the babies (2-3 years old) in a scream mask.  None of our children need that. 

The "quick food" that we buy because we don't have time to prepare meals and insure quality nutrition is full of chemicals, and other questionable products and items. I literally read a label on some crackers that we'd bought the other day for an event that stated this item contains bio-engineered food products.  Excuse me?  Fairly positive God did a great job of creating the food we need.  I don't want bio-engineered food.  I want it God made.  Probably why obesity is at an all time high.  Bodies can't process that crap. 

And please let's not start talking about our medical system.  Our education system.  Oh Lord, these two are damaged.  So many good people are trying so hard to navigate and follow their hearts believing they are helping while being hindered by the very training and teaching they have received.  

We have been deprogrammed from being self-sufficient.  We have lost those skills that will save us if and when things are taken away from us (remember the past couple of years?). We rely on big businesses and give little thought to taking care of ourselves.  

Oh, sadly I do believe that we are on a collision course with some hard times.  I also believe that through the power of God, through reclaiming our own God given powers we will 100% not only survive it, but we will thrive. 

Like I said the other day, if you are still reading my blog, welcome.  I am tired of dancing in the middle.  I am tired of watching the destruction and sitting silent on the edges of it all.  I strongly encourage you to step out of that quasi comfortable space.  To reconnect with the world you are being encouraged to leave behind you.  Spend time talking to people about the old ways, I think there is a great deal of value to be found there... 

My back is rested, my head is cleared and it is time for me to start laying out that quilt.  I'd love to finish the main part today, before heading off for some family time.... 

love, prayers and peace...



No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...