Sunday, August 15, 2021

join me...

I am probably going to be regretting the deep sleeping I did for most of today in a few hours.  I had a really fitful night, and inadvertently caught up this morning, and a large chunk of this afternoon.  So tonight when I can't sleep, I will only have myself to blame. 

The shower, medication and quality time sitting up yesterday did wonders for my mood.  Talking to my sister by heart for an hour sure didn't hurt things either.  We've been friends for over 34 years now - holy Moses - and it doesn't matter how long the moments are between talking, it's like it was just an hour ago.  I'm so blessed that the universe brought her into my world.  I have a small handful of true friends like that.  I guard them jealously.  I am so grateful to the universe for each.  Several are terrifyingly just like me, my no nonsense know me better than I know myself sisterhood.  She is the leader of that pack!

Sadly, pain meds wear off and restlessness and pain are poor bedfellows.  So needless to say it was a long short night. 

Today is better, I feel happier and more whole.  It might have a lot to do with quality time with those I love.  My Hubs has been hanging out, I really feel for him, I am sure he'd rather have a full day of Netflix, but he graciously hangs out, even in the middle of the night.  

This morning when I finally decided I'd had enough of pretending to sleep, he'd somehow slipped out quietly in the last hour of fitful sleeping, so I figured it was safe to text him good morning, I wasn't expecting the pure love that came next.  He came up without coffee, I was STUNNED, I am very spoiled where my coffee is concerned and he never forgets it and was fussing around putting on a t-shirt.  Not usual at all. 




I was over the moon when his next words were "coffee and fire in the treetop garden?" Yep, you better believe I turned that walker around and assumed my impatient stance to go downstairs, immediately!  There is nothing I love more than drinking hot coffee by a fire in the morning when the air is cool and the sun hasn't decided to awaken.  

He gets me!  He helped me putter with my garden, be comfy as I sat beside the fire and enjoyed a wonderful morning with him.  Before we knew it the sun had risen, the birds were busy dining and I was getting tired.  We worked together on breakfast and I finished up my therapy in a much happier mood. 



After sleeping way too much, yes I did intend to quilt, my body evidently had different plans, after a deep five hour nap... I was aware in the middle of it that Hubs was mowing, I could hear the mower, I finally felt rested enough to start the day. 

So question, how do you a start a day that really has very little substance to it? Delicious late lunch with Hubs. A surprise visit by my girls, completely filled my heart with love and joy!! A long phone call with mom. And then what?  

I guess my lesson that I need to learn from all of this is patience.  I admittedly do not have any.  I never thought I was a busy, busy person, just someone that enjoys being busy.  Now?  I am questioning the level of needing to be busy. 

I have my quilting sitting beside me in a box. I am not making as much progress as one would think.  Mostly because I can't stay focused on it.  I realized this morning that I can move my leg without pain to be able to use my spinning wheel - Hubs offered to bring it up, who knows I might let him, another level of distraction!  And I have literally pounds of fiber I can spin into yarn, and the movement is one of my therapy moves. 

I am feeling the frustration that comes with not being able to do the things I need to do, to the point it is tainting my ability to do the things I can do. I am working on my attitude around that, but it is slow going. Even my blogging is a struggle right now.  I find myself drifting and easily distracted - if you can't tell. 

I just needed to say, thank you to those that have reached out! Phone calls, texts, plans for wine in the garden... these things mean so much to me.  I have so much that I am thankful for, so many joys and so much happiness.  

Well... it's time to go back to distractionville, before the battery dies in my laptop - I can't reach the power for it.  Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...