Saturday, April 14, 2018

energy and light...

You give energy to what you focus on...

That is the final line in a quote I read today.

It fits in with where my heart and brain are heading.  As I am sorting out my path forward I am also looking for ways to improve the journey there.

I am trying to focus only on things that are positive, fresh and alive.  These months of hurt and uncertainty have zapped me.  The tears that have flown freely are cleansing.

Today I focused on things that were healing.

My knees are a bit sore from far too many hours spent at my spinning wheel.  There was something calming and peaceful about pulling the long strands of alpaca roving through my fingers.  Feeling the silky softness as I taught my fingers yet again to hold the roving just firm enough.  To gently coax it into a single that will one day become a yarn.

Watching my beautiful Kromski wheel turn was hypnotic.  My mind was allowed to be still.  There was no need for thought, concentration wasn't required.  I had the blessing to just get lost in the thoughts that were rambling around. Too much... then simply focus on the spinning wheel until another thought came creeping in drifting in on the little wisps of roving that were floating around.


I took little breaks of an hour or two.  I made batches of soap.  One was tiny.  It's a a brine and rose clay soap.  A soleseife soap.  It only made  a single pound, 4 bars.  I am so intrigued by this soap.  I've never made one with salt before. It will be at least 4 weeks before I can try it.  I bought a mold that has the tree of life on it.  Hoping it was going to be big enough.  It was big enough, now we wait.


The other bar is Charcoal and Tea Tree oil.  I love the deep black color and tea tree is one of my favorite scents. It has the tea tree oil, tamanu oil and of course charcoal.  All of which is amazing and healing for your skin.  That batch will probably take 6 weeks to cure.  I can't wait to try it.


I'm working on learning patience.  Mine has been sorely tested.  I am finding my way back to center.

In and out I helped Hubs work on his birthday toilet. That just humors me.  Finding out what was wrong and attempting to fix it lead to the discovery that my scroll saw has a permanently damaged part and I can't order a replacement as it is no longer manufactured. And somewhere along the way we got rid of my first jigsaw.  Had to borrow a saw from the daughter. Only to not have that solution work.

Tomorrow we will start work on it again.  I think I am going to need a break from spinning. Neither of us believes in a no win scenario. In the midst of all of it, we are both shifting our thoughts and plans for the future.  Seems we both need a bit positive energy and direction to get us back on path to the future.

For now, I need to focus on where I am letting that energy flow.

Funneling it to things that fill my soul with happiness and light.


This healing journey is going to change me, I am sure of it, but the damage that got me here has changed me also...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...