Wednesday, November 9, 2022

I gotta keep going...

When times seem harder than one can imagine, when things seem dark and bleak, how do you respond?  I bow my head.  This morning, I bowed my head, I turned my heart to God and Jesus and I prayed.  So much seems chaotic and unbelievable.  I am deeply saddened by what is happening in our country, our elections were, heck still are, a hot happening mess.  There is no reason that we had the challenges that were rampant all over the place yesterday.  I feel blessed to live in a little bubble that had a smooth voting experience.  

Everyone and everything I voted for did not pass, and for that I am actually glad.  I truly do not believe that every voice speaking should be saying the same thing.  Then you don't have a discussion, you have an echo chamber. Folks were friendly and supportive as the steady stream of people came and went.  So I admit that some of what I watched happening around the country made me sick.  Machines not working, polls not opening on time, no paper for machines, and worse.  I was already ill to hear we cannot count them all in one day. Not only can we, but we should.  It only blurs the perception of a fair and honest election.  Particularly when the entire democratic party was saying in lock step non-stop for the weeks leading up to the election that with modern technology we could not expect the same efficiency as we used to have with same day, paper ballot voting that worked for over 200 years. 

It calls so much into question, it makes me so sad for where we are. I felt a bit defeated this morning, my hopes and prayers for an honest, transparent election where all voices that chose to speak were included felt dashed to the ground.  I struggled for a few moments.  It wasn't about the outcome, as much as the process.  Of course I had high hopes for our country, very high hopes - I mean we used to be the shining example of what was right in the world.  

Honestly there was a time in history when if we'd have witnessed the same events in another country of equal size and stature we would have been on the side questioning the entire process.  But we have been gradually conditioned to accept a lower and lower standard. 

Last night several states passed amendments that allow abortion up until birth.  As a mother, I cannot even fathom the person that could do that.  I cannot process it on a level that is beyond comprehension.  In fact there was much that I do not even begin to understand.  

I can't do anything more than I have done.  I got up, got dressed, stood in line and made my mark.  I prayed and now all I can do is release it all to God. 

Do I still believe there is absolute evil in this world.  Yes, I do.  Unapologetically so. I believe very strongly that Satan is working hard to destroy the good, to create something that is the equivalent of hell on earth.  

But God. 

There are many Bible verses that apply in that statement.  But God. It doesn't need supporting documentation, and if you feel you do, I suggest breaking out your Bible and getting lost in his word.  

But God.  


My faith and prayers are calming me.  I was listening to a song this morning, that filled my soul to over flowing.  I am not going to question God, there is a reason for all things.  I am going to stay focused on the good that is around me in abundance.  My loved ones, the fact that while the world is not perfect it is filled with beauty and love.  And I am going to continue to have faith that God is in complete control and that he is not going to turn his back on us, as long as we open our hearts and welcome him in with arms wide open.  

So like that song said... "I Gotta Keep Going"... I hope you will approach everyone with kindness and love in your heart.  It's harvest time and we need to be our brother's keeper.  I am going to do as much good in this world as I can... will you?  

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...