Wednesday, April 21, 2021

a round...

One of the absolute dearest people I know surprised me with a gift that is going to forever be a treasure yesterday.  For a lot of reasons... it's fabulous, it's a Boos, but most importantly it is from a dear friend that I cherish who evidently knows me far too well!  

As he gave it to me he was explaining to his boss that with all the hobbies I have and all the things I am always busy doing he didn't know anyone that needed a round tuit more.  As I joyously showed everyone, expecting them all to laugh out loud just like I had, I realized there is a whole generation that has no idea what a round tuit is. The perplexed looks took me by surprise.  How can there be people on this planet that have never heard of a round tuit? 

And then there were those that instantly recognized it!  They shouted out loud and started to laugh.  These are my people!

I'm sitting here in the quiet, listening to the popping of the 12 jars of jelly that I finished when I got home from work.  Time dictated that I get 'a round tuit', there was no way I was letting those flower teas go to waste.  The sense of satisfaction that I get from listening to them, well, that is just the icing on the cake so to speak.  


My dear friend by the way is a fine one to talk!  The photo's he takes with his cell phone can make a professional photographer blush in shame.  I love to see the world through his eyes.  And he's always baking or cooking something yummy and tempting - and taking incredible pictures of it - double whammy there. He can arrange flowers into beautiful arrangements - a few stems from the florist that were destined to be orphans all the sudden are transformed into an arrangement that brings joy to your very soul. 

His talents are incredible.  Yet, his greatest talent has nothing to do with his creativity.  He does more than get 'a round tuit', he is a master at relationships.  At being attentive, endearing, compassionate, and a million other words.  He truly listens with his heart and then goes above and beyond.  He has surprised me many times over the years I have been blessed to know him.  It feels like forever, and yet it's only been a few short years, I don't remember a time that he wasn't a part of things. 

I cherish the people in my life that I let in close.  He is truly one of those people.  And the number is very small.  He is the kind of person that fills a room with joy, just by being there.  Open, honest, kind, giving in so many ways, he has an infectious laugh and a willingness to help at all times, in any way he can. 

I never cease to be in awe of him as a person.  During the time we were shutdown, he reached out often to make sure I was okay, to offer his professional skills to anyone struggling to navigate the unemployment system, to coach me to help them.  And when he knew I was at my breaking point from the stress he quietly without fanfare let me know that I was truly "essential". 

I pray that he will always remain a part of my inner circle.  Because he is the kind of friend we all need and should try to be.  

Well... I guess I need to get busy wrapping up this blessed day.  To be thankful for the wonderful people I have in my life. A to be thankful for the gratitude a simple round tuit can bring to my life.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great BLOG! I'm glad you got "a round tuit!!"

    381+

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...