Monday, July 1, 2019

what is it worth...

I read an article yesterday.  It was talking about astrology and the movement of the planets and the effects on people.  Now I definitely believe it.  But the part that resonated with me, was about the current movements and how the planets of communication and action are in powerful alignment right now.  It said words and thoughts without action are just words.

I don't even remotely have an escape plan from the current status of where I am emotionally, mentally, physically.  It isn't there. But my thoughts are definitely swirling.

Yesterday I decided Hubs and I needed a break.  So we stopped.  Put the world on hold, packed a picnic lunch and bottle of wine and off we went.  After a morning of riding in the beautiful fresh air, we opted for four wheels, a dropped top, and air conditioning!

We went down a road that I think we have missed in our travels.  We won't be missing it again. Found an adorable little winery.  Towering shade trees covering the pavilion and picnic tables. A couple of guys playing some really good music.  More to Hubs liking than mine, but definitely an enjoyable few hours. I loved the landscaping and hidden little garden spots. 




Sweet Hubs and I shared a bottle of wine, sat and soaked up the day.  Or maybe got soaked by the day.  This is the Midwest and it's July.  A couple of hours in we decided it was time for a bit more air conditioning - yes I am spoiled.  Continuing down 94 and passing by a few more wineries, we can save those for another lazy summer drive, we decided to turn right. 



Why not.  Augusta sounded like an amazing little hole in the wall.  I did get a few great pictures, it looks charming, adorable and deserted.  Maybe because it was Sunday, I hope so, but the entire town is made up of Bed and Breakfast buildings - that were completely empty and looked actually a bit haunted. 


This town was so precious or could have been.  It fronts the Katy trail and the river, although the river was currently almost to the trail, well past its bank, it only added to the ominous feeling of this little town that time seems to have forgotten. We are going to explore it on a Saturday or if we get time off during the week.  There has to be something going on in that little town blanketed in For Sale signs.





Further down 94 we found lots of water on the road and more spots to return to later, places to explore and things to see...

I guess it's time to start getting ready for the day.  I am working on actionable steps.  Trying to find that mythical balance.  I want time with Hubs, my kiddo's and to simply enjoy life. My boys are getting older by the moment, I want time with them. 




Words without action... what is my price point? 

Still thinking it through...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...