Monday, January 6, 2014

Frozen...

Just starting to accumulate yesterday...
Brrrr.... Wow can it get any colder?  Do not answer that! Because according to the weather, we haven't hit the coldest it is going to be yet.  It's breathtakingly beautiful outside, it really is.  But it is so brutally cold.  I have never seen this much snow, or felt it be this cold here in the mid-west.  For this area, it's pretty extreme.

I completely have to give kudos to IDot and MODot, because we drove a total of about 100 miles this morning and the roads were really good all considering.  Now that is not saying they were great, but considering the drifting snow, wind and cold.  Awesome.

So pretty... but so cold...
I will feel better when I get the text assuring me that the kids have made it to a non-snow area.  Probably a few more hours. Hubby and I will head back out in it in a few hours, we are opening late today and need to make it safely to work. I am far more concerned with the drive home at nine tonight.  Have a feeling some of that stuff is going to manage to be melted, at least for a minute and with these temps, that ice is going to be ugly.

One of my new favorite pictures of my guy & I
As we got in the car this morning the song "Let's Go" was playing.  Kind of sums up the morning and day.  It's more of a beginning, but for me it is an ending.  It's a tough day.  I hugged a little boy last night, this morning I hugged a grown man.  It's all good.

The other favorite!
I am more focused on the fact that even my windows are frozen... on the inside! I can't barely touch the door handles, simply too cold to touch. Hubby spent almost an hour making a path to the car and a potty park for our short little guy.  We never did manage to get our car back up the drive, but we got it far enough up that we were off of the road.

I promise you that if I didn't have to work today, I would not even consider going out.  It's far too cold.  My bank is closed, most of the shops around here are closed, heck even the Harley shop is closed. The city of St. Louis is closed.  Normally, I would say they were being ridiculous. Today, I have to agree.  Heater at full blast in the car for an hour and it was barely warm enough to have your coat off.  And that heater is so good that usually you end up turning it off.  Today, inside is the best place to be.

I have never seen our road completely empty at 9 am on a Monday, ever!
I am prayerful that the homeless folks agree to take shelter.  The news last night said there were many refusing shelter.  I am hoping that they rethought that decision as the temperatures dropped.

Well, I might try to take a quick nap before heading out again... Afraid I am trying to catch a cold on top of it all...

Poor little guy...
Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow I will start feeling happier... today... the cold feels perfect for my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...