Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tick Tock, Tick Tock... taking a break, ignoring the clock...

It's almost time to break out the quilting supplies and let the day drift away... I am excited about this today.  I am getting tired, too many straight days mess up my groove... it is staggaring.  Tonight we will quilt and talk and visit, the world will start turning a little smoother.  I need it.

I am frustrated right now.  And it is affecting my ability to think straight.  I try so hard to be respectful of other people's beliefs, thoughts and opinions.  I might not always agree with you, but I will never slam you for what you believe.  It makes me ill when people do that.

The past few days, I have observed that more than once on facebook.  Frankly, I took something that intersted me off of my page today, I don't think telling me "to stop eating for awhile" is an appropriate response to something that I found worth more reflection. The other day, I was sad to read several responses that were high and mighty and snarky to another post made by another.

I often wonder if folks would be the same way in public as they are behind a key board.  Oh I assure you I am not perfect, I make mistakes, I sometimes believe in things that maybe aren't 100% true... but I challenge anyone to show me something that is 100% true.  Most things are like life, open to interpretation.

Do I believe that everyone is good, no.  Do I believe that everyone is bad, no.  Do I believe that everyone of us lives somewhere in the middle, absolutely.  We all have good, bad and indifferent days. 

Just because I find something gross or wrong, doesn't mean I expect everyone to agree with me.  Just because I believe something is wonderful and amazing, doesn't mean I expect everyone to agree with me.  I am always open to insightful and knowledge based discussions, and respectful acceptance of differences.

I feel the flavors of our world come out in our differences.  Think how boring the world would be if we were all the same... boring and bland.  Kind of like making a cake and only using flour and water.

There are times that I have to "tune out" things that people I love with my heart say or post.  For whatever reason I cannot personally find a middle ground.  Doesn't mean I love them less, just that for that moment in time, I disagree.  But then I do the same thing with the news, with opinions and what not.  I don't have to always agree or appreciate your comment, humor, shared story or whatever, it doesn't mean I have to reply or comment in a snarky or mean manner. 

I am sorry if I offend folks occassionally, I assure you I get offended too... I just hope that folks think before they write... it sure would make things better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...