Wednesday, March 15, 2023

a new kind of busy...

I've been busy. Physically, mentally, spiritually. I haven't felt drawn to write, I've been processing and working my way through a variety of thoughts and feelings.  All of it has been good.  In fact it's been fairly wonderful.  I just haven't felt like writing. 

I've been busy stepping out of this crazy mixed up controlled world that we've grown used to living in.  I've stepped away from so much that when I do actually walk out into it, I often find myself suffering massive culture shock. 

I've been healing. My body, my mind, my heart and my soul.  Once I stepped back and really started doing the things I've needed to do so much greatness is happening.  My hand is slowly healing, I guess I really needed to stop for a bit to allow it time.  It's been rough.  I need to be busy, it's in my very essence (FYI - the Bible talks about the necessity of valued work and it's importance - guess it's hard wired in me).  I discovered copper and its healing properties. I've learned to rely more on my left hand than my right and most importantly, I've learned when to stop.  That was the hardest lesson. I've always been that push through until you finish what you want to do person, Not listening to the needs of my own body, a bit of pain didn't equal a stopping point. 

Being lost in my Bible, I am learning new things daily.  I am being reminded of things I've always known, but walked away from for too long.  Hubs and I discovered "the Chosen" series and have to confess we might have binged watched it.  I highly recommend it.  Now we find ourselves anxiously waiting for season 4.  If you have a Roku television (who doesn't, I mean can you even buy one without it?) Angel Studios is a free channel.  It's 100% crowdfunded, it's 100% amazing. 

getting ready for mouse races
who wants to come?

I've been creating, in many, many ways.  In fact I have a few things that need finished up this morning.  I am working on a fairly good sized order for a veteran's group and my mission is to finish it today.  Then I won't feel guilty as I get back into quilting like a crazy woman.  

the start of a 15 hour assembly journey

gotta check that packing list...
all there!

Of course she needed a name
"the Beast"




such beautiful stitches...
I am in love

Yup, my longarm finally arrived.  I played with it for several days while waiting for the shirts and vinyl to arrive, it's been lingering quietly while I worked on this order.  I feel I have another two hours and that project is done and off to the owner. 

I cleaned out my sewing studio, I cut all of the fleece I've acquired over the years into blanket and donated it to a guy that does rescue transport for dogs and cats.  I had zero need for it and the babies that he is rescuing will be comforted. The cleaning out, the gifting for such a good cause, lifted my spirit and my heart.  Now I have more space and they have more comfort. 

While cleaning out, I discovered that I have scraps (yep, I'm that crazy person that firmly believes in waste not, want not) going back almost 40 years.  Stuffed in boxes, cupboards and totes.  My mission moving forward, will be to make an assortment of baby quilts using the bits and pieces up.  Will they win any awards, of course not, that isn't the plan.  Instead, I will create them, use them to hone my quilting skills and then donate them to a charity that supports mothers that choose life, regardless of their circumstances. Not sure where that idea came from, but it came rushing in and I can't shake it.  

I am preparing my garden beds and getting ready to start planting.  I am working on cooking healthy, whole foods for my family.  I am spending time with my family and friends.  Life has been filled with joy and laughter. 

someone is cheating on mom...

please can I have another?
look at our miracle boy ❤

the night we shall not discuss...

sentry duty... what are those deer doing?



she needs to stop growing so fast

Again, I've been busy and blessed.  I've had heartwarming conversations with friends that were simply a few exchanged messages.  Yet filled my heart.  I messaged briefly with one of my longest friends in my life the other day.  They'd suffered a loss that was deep, I needed them to know that I felt their pain and was praying for them as they sorted through it.  I was blessed to hear from a young man that used to work for me, we are setting a catch up date over middle eastern food, he is an amazing kid, yep, have to use that word as he is the age of my oldest grands.  I am looking forward to hearing how his life is going and all of the good he is doing. 

Busy... I know busy means a lot of things to a lot of people.  It's so different to me now, so very different than it was a few years back.  

A few years ago, I would have been working long hours, struggling through exhaustion, an annual fundraiser (one that I truthfully never found my way to believe in), struggling for numbers and dollars.  We still donate, minimally, Hubs is still a part of that world.  I pray daily for the people that were part of my world back then, for the hard work and stress they go through at this time of the year. And then I praise God because my life is busier than ever!  Yet it is full of meaningful work, things that fill my heart and allow my spirit to fly.  I am no longer running on a wheel like a hamster, trying desperately to reach something that will forever be out of my reach. 

Happiest of birthdays to my Mom!





Our little birthday girl! 
6 looks good on you

I am blessed.  I have time for loved ones, I have gotten to share in the joy of my grands, celebrate milestone birthdays, laugh, be supportive on a moments notice for those I love and care about all without guilt or stress.  I am so very, very blessed. 

I will never stop working, pretty sure Hubs won't either, it isn't our nature.  Sitting and binge watching shows had us both full of energy with a need to "do", but our souls and spirit needed tending as well. 

their newest way to wrestle... 20 minutes worth
all on their backs... hysterical!


she is so beautiful...
although hardly ever still

His centerfold pose

I feel strongly that the chaos and insanity swirling around us is more of a call to each of us to step back, reconnect in our hearts and then seriously reevaluate the path forward. I don't know how frequently I will feel drawn to write.  Again... I have been busy.  When I feel it, I will be here, when I don't... well... 


The plants need their weekly drink and as the puppies have settled down for their morning naps, I need to get busy with finishing that order.  I really, really want to quilt... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...