Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's a good life...

This mornings walk was cool and breezy, a welcome change from what we've had.  It's easy to tell when summer is coming to an end here in the mid-west.  It knuckles down and gets brutal for a couple of days at least.  It will not go peacefully into the night.

That softness made for a beautiful change.  Both of the boys were bouncier than usual and had to be coaxed to come back to the house.  Walking the last few houses, letting my mind wander and my eyes absorb the changes around me, I saw it.  The first sign that as we wrap up August, as the summer fades, fall is getting a bit pushy herself!

If you've read my blog for a bit, you know I am absolutely passionate about fall.  And finding those few brightly colored leaves on the ground was enough to start me day dreaming about mum's and pumpkins.  It had me craving the cooler days and nights.  My jeans and sweatshirts are never far back in my closet.

This morning as the kitchen aid was churning the french vanilla ice cream for today's barbecue with some of hubby's long time friends.  I was starring at the big bag of apples.  They are local or fresh, a bit too soon, give it another few weeks for the best ones.  Thankful for the request to bring an apple pie. I cannot wait for that warm cinnamon smell to fill my house.

I wish there were a big bouquet of sunflowers on my table and some apple wine.  I think it has more to do with spending so much time in Germany than anything else.  But those are things that always make my heart happy.  Maybe even an onion pie...

Oh well... It's been crazy busy around here lately.  Hubby and I are trying so hard to complete the move to the new house and finally leave the old behind.  Living is in two worlds has been difficult and unnerving.  I am ready for it to be done.

We are on vacation this week, and we are finally going to complete the move.  We are renting a U-Haul and devoting how ever much time it needs to it.  I spent all day yesterday painting and finishing up the stuff on the main floor.  There is still one room left that isn't finished.... heck I'm not sure it's really started.  I can't even come to a decision about paint colors in here.  The walls are barren, no carpet and random placement of furniture.  I would say it is time to focus on this little room.

Everything in Illinois goes on the other two floors, so we are at least functioning.  Moving forward. Today I am hoping to complete the kitchen chairs, cleaning the living room chair and finally working on the little side table to go beside my blue chair.

Boy it sure does sound like I am doing nothing enjoyable on my vacation... truthfully, there is a certain amount of satisfaction that comes from creating your home.  From working hard on things for yourself.  That is where I'm at!






That didn't stop us from going to an amazing baseball game last night with our Grand baby and one of her friends.  It was hot and steamy, but great seats watching an even better game.  Laughter and fun... Followed up by a sweet little girl sitting at the kitchen table painting pictures and expressing her artistic side while eating a snack.  We even started the day with a tea party yesterday.


Life is moving back into that fulfilling balance that makes it enjoyable! There is still chaos all around me, there are things locally and globally that are bringing me to prayer far more frequently than the past.  There are many things going on and people saying things that scare me.  I need some time not to focus on that.  I need to say a prayer and walk away. At least for now...

So what are you doing today??

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...