Friday, April 26, 2013

Trivia or Trivial... It's gonna be a wild ride!

Day three of unbelievable pain... I am not understanding why this dentist can't make it at least tolerable without knocking me into goofy land.  Ya know that drug induced state where it still hurts like sin, but you simply don't care?  Because I can't function in that world, this pain is crazy!

Today, I simply don't have time for either current state! It's Trivia night, one of the biggest events that I am personally responsible for. It's the time of year that I help guide our team to raise enough money to pay for our contribution to World Service.  Hubby is my strongest supporter, and we work really hard to make it a great event and a lot of fun!

Hubby dedicates so many hours he really rocks! His power point is amazing and he is a great MC.  He keeps it moving and fun all at the same time.  Pretty darn awesome if you ask me!!

This year I really need to be able to focus, we have moved to a new venue so everything isn't able to happen with no thought on my part.  I am pretty thrilled with my team mates, because they have sure been helping me keep my brain semi-focused.

Today will be a day of assembling prizes, getting the decorations down, wrapping wine bottles, trial runs, and all those other crazy things. I need to be focused enough to get the finances ready, and make sure I have all the stuff I will need.

It's gonna be crazy, the next 18 hours will be exhausting and at times stressful, but mostly it will be a wild, crazy and fun ride!  Mostly it will be us all working towards a common goal, laughing and encouraging folks along the way!  It's going to be a great time!

I love that we will be able to help so many, while still having fun! Sometimes all you need is a little fun to keep things moving forward!  I am so thankful for all the help that I have gotten to make it happen.  We are only 6 tables shy of hitting our goal, we have plenty of volunteers, the same sweet lady that baked Hubby's birthday cake is also a whiz kid at Power Point and was able to teach hubby a few new tricks to make it even more entertaining... yep, it is going to be a great time!


Well if you are in St. Louis tonight and feeling a touch bored or you are looking for some laughs... We'll be at Christ Church Cathedral and a great time will be had by all!  If you see me looking a bit dazed, try to understand... Because this pain is unbelievable. Oh and please try to resist the urge to confuse the glassy eyed woman worse. I know it will be entertaining, but I have much work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...